Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pontiac G8 GXP rear diffuser

redvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
i love the look of it on the ve, but is it hard to do and is it worth it???

not hard to do at all I thought the same thing when I got mine I was hesitant tackling it myself but with the help of the write up it was easy as and for only around $65 from holden spare parts (if you can find a dealer that will sell it to you since they're listed as an export part) its deffinatly worth it for how much it changes the look of the back end

mi04se1

need for speed
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8GT
DSC00433.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
nice write up :)

but I think they look weird ....

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
How's everyone's G8 rear diffusers holding up?

I've heard reports over on ls1 that some people's were starting to come loose and they had to do things like put self tapping screws in place of the clips etc.

I wouldn't mind knowing before I order myself one. Thanks...

sv6on22s

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
ok got it fitted up today wasnt as hard as I thought it would be I was going to get a mate to help me that fitted one on his car but he never showed up so I attempted it myself with the help of a write up on the LS1 forum and was was easy as

I noticed on your ss, that the tail lights are a bit darker, I really like the look, how did you do it?
is it a special tint???

Last edited by a moderator:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Would be a bit of niteshade, with the circle masked up so its still the orig col once its been sprayed but the rest is darker

redvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I noticed on your ss, that the tail lights are a bit darker, I really like the look, how did you do it?
is it a special tint???

Would be a bit of niteshade, with the circle masked up so its still the orig col once its been sprayed but the rest is darker

yep spot on calais_cruzin just some nightshade spray tint from super cheap and the circle and indicaor part masked up while spraying

and davey g-force mine was poping out in the middle a bit so you could see a bit of a gap if you looked close but it wasnt a problem for me so I havnt checked it lately. when I did notice it I saw that it'd poped out of the hole where the refflector goes through so it only needed pushing back in