Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pontiac G8 GXP rear diffuser

redvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
thought I'd clue up people on here on a relativley cheap and simple mod to change the look of the back end of your VE's cos I havnt seen it mentioned anywhere on here yet. The pontiac GXPs got a different lower section on the rear bars heres some pics of the difference

standard
StockG8diffuser.jpg

GXP
GXPdiffuser.jpg

I just got myself one today and I'm going to fit it up next weekend due to it requireing a bit of modification to make it fit cos for some reason the mounting points are slightly different. they only cost around $60 from holden spare parts and the number is 92213320

heres a few more shots of some fitted to SS's

IMG_5111.jpg

15.jpg

16266_186985737050_680002050_3539342_5285651_n.jpg

I'll put some pics up of mine once its fitted

mi04se1

need for speed
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8GT
That is on my future mod list. On mine, it bolts right up. But, I have a G8GT.

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
yeah saw this on the LS1 forum. looks pretty good and was gonna get it but then decided to do it when i can be bothered. Lol

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
nice one redvess!

yeah, do let us know how the install went (some pics would be great).
I like the look of this, but would like a heads up on the cut'n'shut to fit it :D

Good luck!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I don't know about anyone else, but I find the honeycomb on the SSV rear diffuser very hard to keep properly clean.
The G8 diffuser would eliminate that problem.
Plus it looks smoother and neater too.

redvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
ok got it fitted up today wasnt as hard as I thought it would be I was going to get a mate to help me that fitted one on his car but he never showed up so I attempted it myself with the help of a write up on the LS1 forum and was was easy as

ok steps for fitting (I've used a few shots from the guy from LS1 instead of taking the same shots myself hope he doesnt mind if he see's this)

First you need to take out the three clips underneath seen here

1.jpg

they pop out if you pry them with a flat blade screw driver or something like that
then you need to take out the two side clips located here

4.jpg

5.jpg

his ones were just clips but I found mine were screw in clips so they were a bit harder to get out, had to pry them first then screw them out, must depend on the year model as to which you have

next you have to unclip the 4 in the middle which is a bit fiddly trying to get your hand up into where they are

6.jpg

again mine were screw clips so it was a pain trying to get them out, then with all the clips out pry the tabs clear of the bar so you can pull the diffuser off

heres the difference between the 2 (my Pics)

IMGP1805.jpg

so this is where you have to modify the GXP part, trial fit the diffuser with the 2 outside tabs inserted cos these are the only 2 that fit at this stage then score along the other tabs with the screw driver where they need to be cut then cut them with some side cutters making sure you dont cut too much better to cut too little than too much
so it should look something like this with the modified tabs

IMGP1818resize.jpg

once you get it to fit snug you need to drill holes for the clips to fit in I only drilled 3 for the ones underneath but the other guy drilled holes in a few of the tabs like the origional ones but mine didnt need them it fit snug without them so I only drilled here

IMGP1819.jpg

but if you want to use the other clips you drill here where the blue and red arrows are

10.jpg

before you drill the lower 3 push the diffuser as far back as you can and hold it there while marking the holes so it'll sit tight once you put the clips back in

last step is to swap the reflectors over which is just one phillips head screw in each then its cliped in on the other side

and thats all it takes heres some pics of what it turned out like starting with a before shot (I forgot to take one today)

before
IMGP1548.jpg

after
IMGP1820.jpg

IMGP1821.jpg

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
nice,
thanks for the write-up,
im going to try this now as you have outlined it!!