Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pontiac G8 Police vehicles

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I just saw a short article on the news, about a new system of law enforcement somewhere in the States. I didn't take much notice of what the system was - I was more interested to see that the vehicle in use was a G8.

Nice to think that Australian cars are good enough for the police to use in the States.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Yeah...a prototype was on display at the Australian International Motor Show in Melbourne recently...pics were actually put up on here...looked pretty good if you ask me.

Have to say...i'm quite looking forward to seeing the G8 on those "Greatest American Police Chases" TV shows. :D

garywg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
The vehicle in question was in yank land and was showing how thet do their parking cop patrols.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
seen a few pics of it, doesnt look any different to the technology our ambulances have had for years

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Pontiac G8 targets US criminals ? Car Reviews, News & Advice - CarPoint Australia
(note number plates on the car)

There it is. It was in Victoria not Yankland. They were using it to detect parking infringements, it recognises a parking infringement and takes photos of the car as it passes. Don't know how but thats what they said on the news tonight.

Well, that's what happens when you come in late on a story on the tv . I thought it was filmed in the States. (Now going off to find a cup of concrete.....)

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
this should be on again tonight on 7 news sydney