Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pontiac G8

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
After changing my mind way to many times, I'm looking to buy one of those "Limited Edition SSVs" that looks like a Pontiac.

Only problem; once I get it I'll need to change it and put on Pontiac badges etc.

I know some of you will call me a moron for changing the Holden badges like the morons and their Chev badges but I really like what they've done to the car before they shipped off to the US.

I've already got all the de badging and rebadging under control apart from the SS seats and the lion on the steering wheel(can I buy an interior from somewhere?)

My main question is, how would I go about getting the the sound system to come up with the Pontiac logo instead of the Holden one?

Can I get a Pontiac dash cluster and have the needles point to MPH but the digital display read in KMPH?

Last edited:

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Get onto someone in the US, they want to change to Holden badges, so they may do you a swap.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You'll NEED to go LHD as well to make it really REAL.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
You'll NEED to go LHD as well to make it really REAL.

hahaha, made me spit out my coffee - personally I hate the Pontiac G8 look but I can think of worse things (chev badges).

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
After changing my mind way to many times, I'm looking to buy one of those "Limited Edition SSVs" that looks like a Pontiac.

I've already got all the de badging and rebadging under control apart from the SS seats and the lion on the steering wheel(can I buy an interior from somewhere?)

My main question is, how would I go about getting the the sound system to come up with the Pontiac logo instead of the Holden one?

Can I get a Pontiac dash cluster and have the needles point to MPH but the digital display read in KMPH?

Pontiac G8 GT badges
Pontiac horn pad
Pontiac wheel center caps
remove embroidering from seats
Pontiac dash face
I'd suggest an aftermarket head-unit

center caps and diffuser

wouldnt this be standard with the Holden SSV LE with the G8 rear bumper???

also head over to the G8 board forum and have a look around. You dont need to be a member to look around too

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Pontiac G8 GT badges
Pontiac horn pad
Pontiac wheel center caps
remove embroidering from seats
Pontiac dash face
I'd suggest an aftermarket head-unit

wouldnt this be standard with the Holden SSV LE with the G8 rear bumper???

also head over to the G8 board forum and have a look around. You dont need to be a member to look around too

The diffuser and centre caps are Holden ones not G8 ones even if you get a Limited Edition. :(

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Noooo, don't do it.
I've always been a Ford man and even I think putting American GM badges on a Holden is wrong. :)
I recently purchased my first ever Holden, a SSV G8 ute, and I'm loving it. I have plans for a full de-badging because I do that with all my vehicles but I am still proud to be driving a Holden. No matter where the engine or other bits and pieces come from it is the only truly Australian car brand and I like that.
Really though, it is (will be) your car so do whatever _you_ like. ;)
I believe the Pontiacs had a totally different interior to the Holdens though? How dedicated are you to this re-badging? Lol.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Noooo, don't do it.
I've always been a Ford man and even I think putting American GM badges on a Holden is wrong. :)

You do realise that GM is a global brand and soon Holden will be dead?? Chevy cruises and captivas are already sold in the UK and America. After 2016 I believe it's only a matter of time until all Holdens are badged as Chevy.

That's only my opinion and I don't have an issue with the so called 500 LE SSV being dressed as Pontiac.