Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Pontiac] VE query

Shaundy

BMW Technician Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
Hey folks,

I was at the local Holden dealer the other day and was looking at one of the new special edition SS-Vs (read: Pontiacs), when suddenly I noticed something. Where and how is the front numberplate mounted on these vehicles? I can't see any screw holes or sensible mounting locations. Are these vehicles exempt from wearing a front plate due to some strange American law?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I saw one today actually, the screw holes must be along the top of the recess where the opening is, because the plate was in the middle, below the grills.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
Isn't the law in Usa or atleast some states just need them to have plates on the rear bumper ? So maybe thats why there isn't any holes

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
It'd be some american system.

But the car looks like shite, I hope they go back to the origional look.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Isn't the law in Usa or atleast some states just need them to have plates on the rear bumper ? So maybe thats why there isn't any holes

It wouldn't matter what laws applied in the States - if the car is marketed in Australia, it has to comply with ADR's and that would include provision for mounting of number plates front and rear. As Stealthy said, it appears the plate mounts using holes up high in the lower opening.

Simple enough to check out next time your at your friendly Holden dealer.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Hey folks,

I was at the local Holden dealer the other day and was looking at one of the new special edition SS-Vs (read: Pontiacs), when suddenly I noticed something. Where and how is the front numberplate mounted on these vehicles? I can't see any screw holes or sensible mounting locations. Are these vehicles exempt from wearing a front plate due to some strange American law?

just screwed in like this photo

Attachments

• fo3cy1.jpg
    fo3cy1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,022

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Those new "american style" bodyits look so boody ugly.
Keep the Aussie style we dont want to be the same as them

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
cant say Im a fan of the those either, sorry.

but there's got to be a better spot for the number plate, surely?!?

putting it right on the end of the nose doesnt look right. maybe bottom left or right?

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Yeah i had a close look at one intown and there is NO holes just take a few screws and drill into your new bumper guys.

Only other thing ive seen with a dealers car he used cable ties and tied it into the grill down the lower left looked good but i dont know how legal it is cause from an angle you cant see the plate.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
Yeah i had a close look at one intown and there is NO holes just take a few screws and drill into your new bumper guys.

Only other thing ive seen with a dealers car he used cable ties and tied it into the grill down the lower left looked good but i dont know how legal it is cause from an angle you cant see the plate.

Like i said above, in America they don't need front plates and most likely imported from them.