Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor Respray ?

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
2a5jccl.jpg

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
that first pic is definitely metallic color suspended in the clear. weather the clear ran and took some color with it or there was metallic in the clear when they painted the door jamb makes no difference, its there...

i can tell just from looking at that pic the color is under the clear not on top...

it just looks really dusty and overspray like to me. the chunks look bigger than the metallic flake itself in the first pic. but you're probably right and the clear just has some flake in it.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The white dots to the right of the rubber seal (first pic)?

Looks like compound splatter to me. Farecla/juice/autoglym junk that a lot of spray painters (in sydney at least) insist on using can set like concrete and the solvent based compounds often don't shift with water alone. And they get everywhere! Try using a little polish or paint cleaner (not wax, just to be clear) on a microfibre and see if it will budge. Might also be able to pick it with a fingernail, in which case, go ahead with the polish and it should come off easy enough.

Then shine a torch on the section they polished and see how much they marred it up with 8 inch twisted wool (another massive sydney trait)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
The white dots to the right of the rubber seal (first pic)?

Looks like compound splatter to me. Farecla/juice/autoglym junk that a lot of spray painters (in sydney at least) insist on using can set like concrete and the solvent based compounds often don't shift with water alone. And they get everywhere! Try using a little polish or paint cleaner (not wax, just to be clear) on a microfibre and see if it will budge. Might also be able to pick it with a fingernail, in which case, go ahead with the polish and it should come off easy enough.

Then shine a torch on the section they polished and see how much they marred it up with 8 inch twisted wool (another massive sydney trait)

i think i just worked it out, its solvent pop in a run that was rubbed and buffed. what your seeing is compound thats in the air holes. you can almost see the bottom of the run where its turned into a drip, near the last white dot at the bottom. the air bubbles come when the car is baked in an oven before the clear has flashed off.