Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor Respray ?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Had a deep scratch repaired and resprayed and near drivers side read door on the quarter panel and this is inside the door recess between the chrome molding and the rubber weather seal.

It cannot be removed with a damp cloth and it is not a powder and it is rough to slide finger over.

WPfGrlU.jpg

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Try removing with a clay bar and lube.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Have you been back to the painter?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
what the hell am i looking at? take another pic at a wider angle... to me it looks like there was basecoat in the clear or they smashed the clear on so wet it took some color with it. whats the name of that color/paint code? those flakes look huge...

word to the wise (advice from a spray painter thats been at it for 10 years), never ever book your car in to get fixed just before the holidays. it will almost always get rushed. the amount of work i smashed out in the month leading up to christmas would trigger an iraq war veterans ptsd flashbacks....

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Have you been back to the painter?

This was completed on their last day at work before XMAS I am taking it back on the 5th Jan, there are aware of this issue.

Last edited:

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
what the hell am i looking at? take another pic at a wider angle... to me it looks like there was basecoat in the clear or they smashed the clear on so wet it took some color with it. whats the name of that color/paint code? those flakes look huge...

word to the wise (advice from a spray painter thats been at it for 10 years), never ever book your car in to get fixed just before the holidays. it will almost always get rushed. the amount of work i smashed out in the month leading up to christmas would trigger an iraq war veterans ptsd flashbacks....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwfz70gwqcuuls7/20141224_134925.jpg?dl=0

The scratch repaired was to the left of the chrome molding, which was also replaced.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I bet they wanted top dollar for a crap job too!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
so it was a scratch job and they painted inside the door jamb?

Yeah i was wondering about that too. maybe they just got some overspray in there from their special Xmas masking.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i was wondering about that too. maybe they just got some overspray in there from their special Xmas masking.

that first pic is definitely metallic color suspended in the clear. weather the clear ran and took some color with it or there was metallic in the clear when they painted the door jamb makes no difference, its there...

i can tell just from looking at that pic the color is under the clear not on top...