Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pop noise and no sound for varying times. 1-5 secs. Sometimes upto 1 min.

Envious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 98
Hey guys! I've been using this amazing forum for quite a while now, it has really helped diagnose so many problems and aided me in finding the solutions required. On that note, I would like to say thank you so much to all of you for helping me out over the years! Sincerely.

After stalking around on the forum for so long, I finally needed to make an account to seek help in understanding what went wrong with my sound system.
It's an aftermarket system with an amp in the boot of the car. It all started with a small and dull kind of pop noise (The same noise as taking a sound jack out of a computer, but a bit more violent) followed by the sound of the car not working for seemingly random intervals. Sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a minute or two. One day there was a slightly louder crackle than usual and the sound never returned (after hitting a slight bump in the road) the protection light and non of the other lights are active on the amp and non of the fuses have been blown, including the one connected to the battery. All the evidence seems to be pointing to an earth that's touching something metal. Or, is the amp just cactus?

Thanks for reading this!

dibenedetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Sounds like you have a short or a loose connection some where.
Fist check that your speaker wire is not shorting out any where.
I once had a similar issue where the speaker terminals of the speakers on my car door were intermittantly shorting to the metal frame of he door. This made a pop sound shutting off the amp when driving over bumps.

Try searching for faults.like this and let me know?
Otherwise my next step is to check the amp power light is on stable and see the amps protect led status LEDs?