Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Porky

Colleen Tregilgus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I have a VE SS Commodore 2009 and I am having problems with the battery not communicating with the computer and will not start the car. It is a brand new battery and the fuel pump is fine, have checked everything connected to the problem and I can only find this one. Any ideas on a solution?

Ls1Nova71

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8
Battery cables tight? How long after you put the new battery in did this happen?

Jimbotech

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V - l98
Could be the starter motor, i just had a similar issue

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I would start by checking the power and earth leads by disconnecting them and doing a resistance test with a multi-meter while wriggling the cables. There may be a break or dry-joint on one of them. I'd also test any engine-to-chassis earth lead(s) the same way.

*p.s. You have checked all your fuses, haven't you?

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
Check the slow blow fuses on the positive battery clamp. There's 2, one for the instruments etc, the other for the engine etc.

I managed to blow the engine one on mine when i accidentally earthed it out when undoing a nut. The car would do the usual, it just did nothing when you tried to start it. Holden was no help since they refused to sell the fuses without the rest of the positive cable... I ended up going to Toyota and having them order in one for the 86. Wrong amp rating, but was $12 compared to Holden's $180 or something stupid. (I actually got out the soldering iron on the old fuse and been using that still. It didn't blow properly in the middle of the fuse, so i just neatly soldered it back together. Bit ghetto, but got my ute running again)