Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

port and polishing

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
my old man jsut told me about something he and used a while ago when his capri had head probs,
he got a s/hand head from the wreakers and got this gasket called 'Monotourqe' which was think, he didnt get the head flattend and just fitted it with this gasket, and you dont have to retightent eh head again later
anyone hear about this gasket???

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
my old man jsut told me about something he and used a while ago when his capri had head probs,
he got a s/hand head from the wreakers and got this gasket called 'Monotourqe' which was think, he didnt get the head flattend and just fitted it with this gasket, and you dont have to retightent eh head again later
anyone hear about this gasket???

These gaskets have been around for years!!
You can get a s/hand head and throw it on and have no probs or you could throw it on and need to take it straight off again.
Also machining the head gives nice fine grooves to get max sealing..:thumbsup:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
o i started my car this morning and there was no bubbles coming up wheni had the cap off, was lookin for 30 secs or so till it started to get high, and after i got back from trade school i checkd the over flow bottle and it was at teh same spot as in the morning, so im confuseed now.. might be a very slow leak or small crack

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
o i started my car this morning and there was no bubbles coming up wheni had the cap off, was lookin for 30 secs or so till it started to get high, and after i got back from trade school i checkd the over flow bottle and it was at teh same spot as in the morning, so im confuseed now.. might be a very slow leak or small crack

Always check the level when cold, cause the water is pushed into the overflow as it gets heated and drawn back in when cooling..:thumbsup:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
brb, ill check it now, cars been sat with the bonnet open for 3 hours now so should b cool

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well jsut checkd and it has gone down 3-4mm in the overflow bottle, and i traved 70ks today, so thats gives a ruffy on how much its taking and time wise

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
well jsut checkd and it has gone down 3-4mm in the overflow bottle, and i traved 70ks today, so thats gives a ruffy on how much its taking and time wise

It's not much , but keep an eye on it..:thumbsup:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
i rember weeks ago i got in my car once and it smelt like dampness, after reading hN! post i just thought off my heating pipes on the interior side is there any chance of these leaking or are this copper?

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
i rember weeks ago i got in my car once and it smelt like dampness, after reading hN! post i just thought off my heating pipes on the interior side is there any chance of these leaking or are this copper?

Get a big plastic sheet and put it on the floor when u've finished with the car , push it up under the heater box and if u get green drips on it it's leaking.
Green if u've got green coolant that is...;)