Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Portable GPS question..

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's im wondering if my tom tom can be wired up it dosent have to plugged into the cig lighter. This way i could permanently mount it somewhere, and conceal the wiring. Can i buy a plug that will adapt to the wire on the GPS (where in goes into the lighter socket) that would have power and acc wires off the other end? Im not real keen to go cutting open the tom tom's power cable to see what lies within...

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
why not go to supercrap auto or something similar and buy another cigarette lighter thingy and hide that under ya dash, then u can keep the factory wiring without cutting plugs off and stuff,, easy to hid the wiring take off ya front speaker cover and run the power wire down thru theere then put cover back onthen put new cigarette lighter near fuse panel under the steeringwheel, sorta all hidden but quick n easy to take out should ya need to

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
that;s an option yeah, but i kinda had in mind just having wired up along with everything else. The GPS, has a seperate back plate on it, which i can drill one holes for the wires, and then screw the backing plate down somewhere, and then the GPS just slots into that plate. Because if i'm able to do this, then i'd like to connect my phone charger the same way aswell... Hate wires!!!

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Ive just soldered a positive and negative wire onto the cig. lighter terminals, and just spliced into the cig. lighter wiring before the socket in the centre console. Ive done the same with my phone charger too ;)

You can either do that, or buy a cig. lighter socket with bare wires coming out of it...then just do the same as ive done, hide your wiring/plugs and your sweet ;)