Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Posible immobiliser probs??

nudge701

Reaction score
Members Ride
89' VN Calais. 99' vs statsman sIII
Hey all my vs statesman sometimes wen i try starting it it does nothing but if i try again it starts, afer a few secs it dies will start after bout 3 trys nd runs fine after that??? Does it at least one a day

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Has an aftermarket immobilizer been added on? or do you just use the one on the factory key?

Could be many things.

When you say it dies does the engine suddenly shut off?

nudge701

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its a factory one. Yer it will start nd just as it starts it shuts off again if i give it a little revs wen i start it it runs fine. Just a little worried that wen i turn the key 2 start nufin happens so then i try again nd off it goes

vscaprice98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs caprice
does ur security light turn off
when u put the key in i have had trouble with mine when the key battery has been dying also can have trouble with the ring around the ignition barrel to sometimes not making good contact

nudge701

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure havnt looked that the light what can i do 2 make the contact between the key nd barrel? Wats it mean if the key is in and the lights still on?

vscaprice98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs caprice
if u turn ur ignition on to reds and security light still flashing then it not triggering ur imobiliser off either could be battery in key getting sad or the ring around the igniton barrel with 2 little silver metal semi circle strips that the dot on ut key makes contact with they pop off easy can get a small flat screw driver and bend em closer to ur dot not much needed though the security light norm just single flashes unless ur car has been broken in to then flashes different to show where and what they did weather they tried to hot wire etc