Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Positioning of reverse camera

gts33som

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Cool thanks buddy. Hope your problem gets sorted!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
OP, only got rear sensors mate.... cant help you with the front ones.
GTS, no.... not same kit. Factory fitted. Camera image comes up through the rearview mirror as soon as you put it in R. Terrific half half view.... nice and clear camera image on one half, and the other remains as a mirror. Love it. Side benefit is at night time the electronic mirror automatically dims the headlights of cars behind you. You never have to touch the mirror at all.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
got it working woo hoo!

Hi all, finally got it working, here is a warning, do not use piggy back fuses in your fuse box, they upset the cars computer and stop things working.
Below is a video i took of the camera in action, very pleased with my $200 Ebay bargain.[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/62huw#p/u/0/0w0Lajz30Cw[/video]

Last edited:

gts33som

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Thank you very much for the video buddy. I know what to expect now :D

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi all, finally got it working, here is a warning, do not use piggy back fuses in your fuse box, they upset the cars computer and stop things working.
Below is a video i took of the camera in action, very pleased with my $200 Ebay bargain.[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/62huw#p/u/0/0w0Lajz30Cw[/video]

very helpful!
good video post mate.... im sure will be very handy for those looking to install as you have:thumbsup:

mr_nismo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportwagon Manual
UFO, I bought one of these from Grays Online just before Xmas, they had heaps of them and I got mine for just $19!! But I haven't been able to get mine to work, it just shows the normal rear sensors screen. I followed the instructions but it was no good. Can you please confirm which of the inputs you hooked up to what?? Did you have to do anything different to the instructions to get it to work?

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
gottavecalaisv whats the quality of the camera like at night?

Also where did you end up mounting the camera? In the middle or to the side?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
UFO, I bought one of these from Grays Online just before Xmas, they had heaps of them and I got mine for just $19!! But I haven't been able to get mine to work, it just shows the normal rear sensors screen. I followed the instructions but it was no good. Can you please confirm which of the inputs you hooked up to what?? Did you have to do anything different to the instructions to get it to work?

sorry mate, cant help..... mines factory installed. the only reason I posted in here was to help OP with positioning the camera (based on what factory fit position I had).

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
Voodowagon the night view is really better than i expected,as for the mount i put it on the left side above the number plate, it does seem to have a very vide view so it wouldn't matter where it was mounted really.