Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possibility of Camaro making to Oz.. again

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
If they can't offer the camaro in between holden top end and hsv low end cars, don't bother selling it. It must be priced between both.

The_Plague

The Marlboro Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
If they can't offer the camaro in between holden top end and hsv low end cars, don't bother selling it. It must be priced between both.

Agree.
Its not refined enough to be at the upper end of the car price spectrum, but its also above the average bear as well.
In any case, they would see well if they choose not to gouge the **** out of people for what is essentially the VE platform with a few mods and different sheet metal.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Agree.
Its not refined enough to be at the upper end of the car price spectrum, but its also above the average bear as well.
In any case, they would see well if they choose not to gouge the **** out of people for what is essentially the VE platform with a few mods and different sheet metal.
Perfectly said. What is basically VE shouldn't be priced as premium.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Perfectly said. What is basically VE shouldn't be priced as premium.

Regardless of it's quality, as said it will only appeal to a niche market. Sure the car is only worth so much, but along with all the tariffs and extra costs of bringing the car over (unless by some miracle it can be assembled over here) and ensuring GM/Holden/Chev make a profit, it will be priced at a premium above it's value. Unfortunately because it is a sick car but it is just a souped up Commodore with a different shaped body with a big V8 in it. It's like buying a Mustang over here. They're worth like $20 - $30K in USA but over here they're $100 +.

I reckon anywhere from $75 - $90K will be the price tag.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
$75k was the number I hear from GM mother ship. It won't be assembled here. Comparing the price of cars in Aus to overseas doesn't work either due to exchange rates and different tax structures. Holden do have the advantage of a heap of export credits that they can/will/do offset against their imports to lower the tarrifs.

Reaper

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
$75k was the number I hear from GM mother ship. It won't be assembled here. Comparing the price of cars in Aus to overseas doesn't work either due to exchange rates and different tax structures. Holden do have the advantage of a heap of export credits that they can/will/do offset against their imports to lower the tarrifs.

Reaper

True. Though I think it's still a little overpriced for what your getting, due to reasons you have previously stated as well as myself and others.

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
i may be treading sacred ground here, but although i absolutely LOVE the front of the camaros.... is it just me or does the back look ugly?...

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Don't get me wrong, they're a tough looking car. I love them!