Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible alternative for mounting a turbo?

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
I was reading another thread and got a bit curious regarding the american V6 fitted ecotec engines. so i thought i would have a look on the US ebay. these fit a camaro V6 95-99 which im pretty sure is the same as an ecotec. so would this extractor set be usable if turned around to use as low mount turbo headers with a custom Ypipe??

OBX Exhaust Manifold Headers 95-99 Chevy Camaro 3.8L V6 - eBay (item 190517450888 end time Apr-27-11 20:53:13 PDT)

and another question, (which i will have a physical look at when i get home) can you turn the ecotec intake base around like you can on a buick v6? just curious....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
and another question, (which i will have a physical look at when i get home) can you turn the ecotec intake base around like you can on a buick v6? just curious....

yep, you can

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
so you can un-bolt the top half of an ecotec plenum then turn it around so its a reversed plenum?

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
ummm, no i dont think you can just unbolt n turn it around.. im looking at maybe importing one of the american buick intakes n using it for my VS with a forward facing TB, but if i can get away with just turning the whole manifold around fairly easily then i might just do that instead. im pretty sure im going to have issues with the alternator getting in the way of the plenum hence the little cutout on the front corner. but we will see

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
Mace sells the rev plenum all it's good stuff I'm keen to find out how these manifolds go as I'm looking for a set ATM but if these can be modified dang I'll give it a go

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
yeah, not really looking to spend a lot of money on this one, so ill try flipping the whole thing first n see how i go.

but getting away from the point, my original question was regarding the exhaust manifolds. the ones in the first post look like they would be good as a basis for a forward facing low mount turbo setup.

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plenum wont flip need to be cut and rewelded
ima post about these manifolds on l67torque see what the boys reckon there

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
They reckon be to much fkn around better off making em ima give it a go :D