Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible bad tune

Awesome88VF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS REDLINE
Hi guys I have an SS redline ls3 12 mths ago got it tuned "Hi torque" maffless OTR.. 3" hurricane...now from time to time runs like **** almost sounds like dropped a cylinder..engine light comes up...had it plugged into reader says mafless otr..eventually clears it's self heard this is common with tuned cars...Will try get it re mapped I guess...any help would be great.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
if you hadnt have said you plugged it into a reader, i would have said injector failure. which is unfortunately common.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
A mafless tune shouldn't run like ****. TBH its better to keep the MAF and run it in blend mode with the virtual VE model. Don't know much about those OTR's if you can even get a MAF in there. Not that any of that matters, it still shouldn't run shitty. All this is under the presumption that you don't have a fault with a part of course. Hit up @07GTS , he might tune it for you at a reasonable price.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u should get a constant error code for the maf to keep it in SD mode (thats how mafless works) but it will not show the error on dash as the light should be un ticked for it, if that is clearing then its an issue but not the issue, tunes dont "change" so if its been good for 12 months and now an issue then id be looking at something alse first causing it

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
So you're saying that after 12 months of being run on a mafless tune it now has an issue?

If it was a bad tune you'd have known within first week driving it around.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Will try get it re mapped I guess

The car doesn't go "out" of tune, the tune is static, its parameters don't change, and tuning shouldn't be used to fix problems. It's possible the MAF delete could have been done better and some work might be needed there, but you should be looking for a problem somewhere else.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Hi guys I have an SS redline ls3 12 mths ago got it tuned "Hi torque" maffless OTR.. 3" hurricane...now from time to time runs like **** almost sounds like dropped a cylinder..engine light comes up...had it plugged into reader says mafless otr..eventually clears it's self heard this is common with tuned cars...Will try get it re mapped I guess...any help would be great.
What's the fault code number that shows up on the scanner? MAF reporting should be switched off totally in a mafless tune.