Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post LPG conversion question

graystate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon & VTII S
I just bought an 07 VZ wagon that has been converted to LPG. The gauge has 4 LCD lights which doesn't seem that helpful. When I start it up it starts on petrol and switches over automatically when it warms up. Two questions:

1. When I run out of LPG will it automatically switch back to petrol?
2. Can I get a more accurate gauge installed?

Thanks heaps

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Answer for Q1: If you run out of LPG whilst running on LPG, the gas ECU will automatically change over to petrol. When this occurs, the beeper will operate (it will drive you nuts when it does), to indicate that it has changed over to petrol. The only way to shut the beeper up in this condition is to flick the gas/petrol switch to the petrol position. Obviously, refilling the gas tank will do the same thing, but the beeper will have driven you insane well before then LOL.

Answer for Q2: The 4 content gauge LEDs are driven directly by the ECU which in turn, gets the quantity information from the quantity sensing float in the gas tank. I'm not sure if you could wire up another gauge directly across the quantity sensing float potentiometer. I have however made up an LED repeater setup, that mounts in the vacant holes of the climate control internal air sensor mounting point (my VZ doesn't have climate control). Makes the gas status & quantity a hell of a lot easier to see, especially in bright sunlight, as they are directly in front of you. PM me if you want details.

Cheers

Attachments

• 08092010(009).jpg
    08092010(009).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 267
Last edited: