Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post pics of your suspension setup

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
this is super super lows in front. ultra lows in rear.

sigs.jpg

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
here is mine, it has lovells super lows or whatever lovells call them 2nd from the lowest ones, and munroe GT GAS rears, and ultima fronts. sits nice the front has 235 no hitting at all, and rear with 245 hit but 235 seem fine occasional scrapping of rear wheels when on funky angles but other than that fine, oh they are 18 inch wheels too.

Attachments

• CIMG0720.jpg
    CIMG0720.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 156

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
$150-200 (Depends who you know) and 10mins installation very highly recommended. Sometime you will spend money on this and that and this and that and still can't work out why it scrapes. So this will be money well spent.

You will have them adjust it when you but it off them to suit your height at the time.

I'm no expert but i picked his brains for ages to know how everything works down there.

Thats not too bad. Will definitely be considering it. Do most of the tyre places (eg. Bob Jane) adjust the panhard for you when you send it in for a wheel alignment?

Morton has a point, you could put some spats on from a vp?
And i wouldn't worry about superlows bottoming out, my ultra's (rear) were pretty comfy until i loaded my car with caraudio and fuel etc etc, so superlows wouldn't be a problem... Never have a problem with the fronts :) ride perfect

I still think superlows in the front :D

Btw what size are your rims? when i had 17's on my car looked like a 4wd in comparison to 15's lol and they wouldn't scrape on anything to be honest... But on 15's i scrape a shitload more....

So might be something to think about?

Yep got 17's. Thats really good to hear :D I travel around 250 kilometers a week and was worried about how comfortable it may be. If you think yours is like a 4wd, mine must be a monster truck! Yeah think Superlow's allround is sounding like the best option right now. Was hoping this thread might help others in choosing their own setup too.

lowerdnw9.jpg

carnowxa9.jpg

The front is a pedders setup and i think they are just lows with a pedders strut
The rear is some $40 gabriel gas ryders with some progressive superlow kings

Theres a few more pics in my ride, click the link in my sig and go to page 1 if you wanna see them

Thanks mate. That was the setup I was looking at but now I think I'd prefer Superlow's all round

here is mine, it has lovells super lows or whatever lovells call them 2nd from the lowest ones, and munroe GT GAS rears, and ultima fronts. sits nice the front has 235 no hitting at all, and rear with 245 hit but 235 seem fine occasional scrapping of rear wheels when on funky angles but other than that fine, oh they are 18 inch wheels too.

Good to know that 235's wont scrub. I probably wont be going nearly as low as you have and I only have 17's, so scrubbing shouldnt be a problem. Your car looks sweet as btw

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
I wouldn't think so for wheel alignment as that's for the front. Just each time you lower or raise the rear end.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm more for substance over style. Fitted these and I am yet to find a VN/VP that handles better. My old GTS was close.

Reaper

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2, VL 5sp Berlina Wagon
. . . and expensive

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score