Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post pics of your suspension setup

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Nothing like doing it all at once for a even comfortable ride i think.
Plus so they all wear evenly

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I have 235's all round and don't have have any trouble with rubbing. My guards are rolled. If you lower the car get an adjustable panhard rod and you shouldn't have problems with it.

Yeah i dont think you can tuck a 235 on a 15 .Credit to anyone who can though, i've tried, and it wasnt gonna happen:bang:

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
I got 235's on 18" wheels no scraping i have room for 245's if i want.
Last owner rolled the guards so not a problem m8

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
I wouldn't think so for wheel alignment as that's for the front. Just each time you lower or raise the rear end.

Dont think Im going to go sending my car in to get suspension done. Its very easy to do myself. Any way you could have it adjusted by them after fitting it yourself?

If you going to do it - do it right.

Reaper

Very true :yeah:

yeh rolled guards no worries, try tucking a 235 in the rear though...

It seems Im gonna have to get that done then. As Reaper said "If you going to do it - do it right." That may be a good investment. My mate had his guards rolled for $50 per guard. Is that the price I should expect? Lets hope I get the Rudd bonus because thats going straight towards suspension

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Just to save disappointment later on the paint can sometimes crack when rolling the guards (Mine were done before my respray) but after a while. So make sure they are done as professionally as possible.

Don't let this in any way put this off but just want to help by letting you know before you proceed. just like a health warning on a cigarette packet lol.

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Just to save disappointment later on the paint can sometimes crack when rolling the guards (Mine were done before my respray) but after a while. So make sure they are done as professionally as possible.

Don't let this in any way put this off but just want to help by letting you know before you proceed. just like a health warning on a cigarette packet lol.

Yeah was aware of that lol. Wouldnt even dare try it myself. Having that done any other way, but professionally, is not an option. The place my mate had his done seemed to have done a very good job

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
id get an adjustable panhard rod before you roll your guards :)...

some people wont believe me when i say this but the handling is actually noticeable, the arse end feels more solid due to the diff not moving around....

i say get a adjustable panhard rod then if your rims are to wide (doubt it) then get the guards rolled :)

(Also to anyone rolling there own guards, heat the paint with a heat gun and use a piece of wood on 1 side and hit the lip with a rubber mallet with a towel or something on it AND be patient or you will stuff it up :))

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Or you could do what I did. Wait 'till you're hauling ALL your posessions in the back of your car from Melbourne to Brisbane, and then realise that when you fill up with gas in Shepparton that the tyres are in permanent contact with the guards. THEN, get a strong mate to lift the back of the car by the towbar, stick a breaker bar between the tyre and the guard, and use the breaker bar and the weight of the car against the tyre to fold the guards as far back as you want :p