Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post pics of your suspension setup

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Hey guys,

Im wanting to get myself a new suspension setup to lower my wagon. The problem is Im unsure on the height. Wanting it to sit nice and even and look lower but at the same time be reasonably practical. Wondering if you guys could post pics of your ride and list what springs and struts you're using?

Im thinking on three options on springs:

• Superlows all round?
  • Sports lows all round?
  • Sports lows in the front and superlows in the rear?

All these springs setups with Monroe GT struts

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Superlows all around - there's no other option:

MortonVQ_25.jpg

Doesn't bottom out, handles like it's on rails, and looks legal (even though it's 1cm under the legal height with a full tank)

Front: Kings Superlows with Monroe GT GAS shocks
Back: Lovells Linear Superlows with Monroe GT GAS shocks

You can do better, but that setup is cheap and effective. I've heard good things about Bilstein if you have the extra money to throw around.

Keep in mind, in that pic, there's no spare in the boot, no jack, no sound deadening, and an almost empty tank of gas. Fully laden it's about 1-2cm lower.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
6 picture by leebovn - Photobucket

New pedders sports rider suspension. short stroke shocks. Adjustable panhard rod.
Pedders springs. Very happy with the setup yet to come superlows front and back and new front shocks.

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Thanks for the input guys. Just helps to get a better perspective on what setup Im after. One thing Im worried about is my 235's rubbing - especially in the rear. Is this a problem ? Great to hear SL's dont bottom out :D Was one thing I was worried about

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
And here's superlows at the front, and Lows at the back. I heart rake.

Render_3.jpg

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
That vp was damn sexy :D

Question is do you care about tucking tyre in the rear?
if not then lows
if a little then supers
if alot then ultra's

But pretty much 100% go supers in the front, as comfortable as stock (personally) but handle so much better....

I doubt you would want ultra's in the arse but ill post a pic anyway so you can see if you like the way the front sits :) supers in the front and ultra's in the rear (all kings because i got them cheap) with pedders comfort shocks.....

220220091051.jpg

I also have gas, a pretty heavy sub and it sits a bit lower in the back then in that pic.... :)

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
That vp was damn sexy :D

Question is do you care about tucking tyre in the rear?
if not then lows
if a little then supers
if alot then ultra's

But pretty much 100% go supers in the front, as comfortable as stock (personally) but handle so much better....

I doubt you would want ultra's in the arse but ill post a pic anyway so you can see if you like the way the front sits :) supers in the front and ultra's in the rear (all kings because i got them cheap) with pedders comfort shocks.....

220220091051.jpg

I also have gas, a pretty heavy sub and it sits a bit lower in the back then in that pic.... :)

Cheers Rick. Thats really the setup Im after but probably not as low. Maybe sport low's in the front and supers in the rear. Looks like its sitting nice and even which I like :yeah: Wouldnt mind some rim tuckage as well as an answer to your question.

With Calais spats, you'd be tucking rim at the back ;)

And thankyou ^_^

Sorry Morton if I offended you about the VP. Just not a fan of rake lol How much are calais spats nd do you think they'd suite a wagon?

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
I have 235's all round and don't have have any trouble with rubbing. My guards are rolled. If you lower the car get an adjustable panhard rod and you shouldn't have problems with it.

I had a good long chat with a guy from Pedders yesterday about suspension and Superlow's are a sufficient enough height for the suspension and springs to perform at their best.

He told me when you go putting ultra low's all round and racing someone down the dandenong mountains the superlow will allow the suspension to perform better unlike Ultras which look drop dead sexy but cause it to bottom out frequently and have the cops on your tails about the bloody ride height.

But however make he decision that suits you best mate as this is just my advice on the subject hope this helps!!