Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
What's the limit on power on a ve before needing to upgrade alternator? Assume a pioneer-gm-d9705 wont exceed it? Heard ve is pretty hungry for power naturally as is.
I would upgrade it if you can afford it, caps don't solve the problem lol learned in my first install 20 yrs ago. I think anymore more then 80amps its kinda a must, your kind of on the its fine line IMO. A good power system is always better then a weak one, though its not like you need to be running 0 gauge or multi runs with something that fused at 90 amps. Put it on the to do list if its a bother and your cranking it to the max for extended periods.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/high-output-alternator-is-it-possible.255828/
guys in there with way more experience then me which have given a ton of useful info, my vr v6 first install really needed an alt upgrade as I was flogging out batterys left right and centre. Guess it would be best to find out how much headroom your current power system has first and then working with it. Switching to the pio d class amps myself as there way more efficient.

Last edited: