Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I know I could have searched it, cheers for the link Tas :) makes perfect sense

STR8Jd

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Holden CV8 Monaro
Nice work mate wat power total are you running ? I take it you have a second battery? thats wat that thing in middle of ya box is for ?

Thanks Noddyoz, Just running the 2 Hertz amps, so 2000watts in total, only running front stage and subs no rear fill at all. Still one battery will be upgrading to Intimidator 9A34 soon, but will stay with just one battery.
I think your talking about the Soundstream cap, Capacitors store a temporary electrical charge that can be released during periods of extra power strain. There are many people who dont think they work, mainly with larger systems, but as i am only running one battery it was a good choice for my setup and seems to be working well so far.

NoddyOz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Thanks Noddyoz, Just running the 2 Hertz amps, so 2000watts in total, only running front stage and subs no rear fill at all. Still one battery will be upgrading to Intimidator 9A34 soon, but will stay with just one battery.
I think your talking about the Soundstream cap, Capacitors store a temporary electrical charge that can be released during periods of extra power strain. There are many people who dont think they work, mainly with larger systems, but as i am only running one battery it was a good choice for my setup and seems to be working well so far.

nice work man . i am searching for good power supply atm that why was interested. not sure capacitor best option.
i plan to add second battery this week and also have a nvx battery relay on order with few other goodies from sonic . 500amp . .
bit overkill but best go big then less waste money upgrading later. my last option would be alternator but shouldn't need hopefuly as i also have a PP-AM200010 running my subs. however considering moving away from fusion for the next large upgrade as much as their a great brand still can only offer me 650odd rms. . . . RE audio look more and more possible but big money so ya. will see lol.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

slyr23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Pioneer head unit.
Alpine type S 2way 6" in the front
2 x 4" 3 way Sony explodes mounted in the dash
In the rear i have 2 6" alipine type G with the tweeters installed in the rear pillars all powered by an alpine m600 amp
My sub is a 2 x 12" 1000w competition grade fusion power by an alpine mpf 1000
All cables in the car have been swapped out with much better wires :)

will4eva7k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Pioneer cd/USB mp3 head unit
JL Audio A4300 4 channel amp
JL Audio D1400 mono block
JL Audio TR front 6" splits
JL Audio TR rear 6x9's
JL Audio 12" sub and wedge box.
Stinger 8ga power cabling
Some thin and cheap no name speaker wiring

Installed and haven't been bothered to touch for years.

Future upgrades I had in mind for a long time which I hope to do by the end of this year.
- Put in a capacitor
- Upgrade the power cabling to something more suitable, maybe 4ga.
- Some decent speaker wiring.