Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

STR8Jd

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Holden CV8 Monaro
Know exactly where your coming from. Mine.....
5asejyja.jpg

That looks awesome, bit of work there to get that fit and finish I'm guessing, going through tuning the system at the moment many choices and different ways to do it, Im trying to do it by ear, it is slowly getting there i have s**tloads of power to spare so i am only running about 2 -2.5 on the gains, to the fronts, can go to 10 and it is making my ears bleed at that, the sound that is coming out of these DLS Scans is by far the best front stage i have ever heard.
Anywho do you have any more photo's of your system? or are they already on here and i can just search for them?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
That looks awesome, bit of work there to get that fit and finish I'm guessing, going through tuning the system at the moment many choices and different ways to do it, Im trying to do it by ear, it is slowly getting there i have s**tloads of power to spare so i am only running about 2 -2.5 on the gains, to the fronts, can go to 10 and it is making my ears bleed at that, the sound that is coming out of these DLS Scans is by far the best front stage i have ever heard.
Anywho do you have any more photo's of your system? or are they already on here and i can just search for them?

All in my build thread bud.

JJvr94

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 3.8L
8x memphis 6inch door speakers
2x memphis mojo 12inch CM12D4's in the trunk
mnatts 3000w amp
headunit jvc KD-R826BT
2x batteries
0 gauge wiring..
..only missing amp for front speakers then the front should sound niceNpimp like the back

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
8x memphis 6inch door speakers
2x memphis mojo 12inch CM12D4's in the trunk
mnatts 3000w amp
headunit jvc KD-R826BT
2x batteries
0 gauge wiring..
..only missing amp for front speakers then the front should sound niceNpimp like the back

Post is useless without pics.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Mazda 121 (daily)

T2 15 Rockford fosgate 1000rms
1500bd Rockford fosgate Amp
75rms Rockford Fosgate 6.5s Parcel shelf
Clarion Splits front
**** Sony headdeck
3cube Box tuned at 60hz 6"h L port

It was fired forward it got 139.1db
Today is the sound comp its rear facing now hopefully hit the 140db

Its just a slap up job in my daily, i will be making a propper box for everyday use.

Attachments

• Photo0112.jpg
    Photo0112.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 389
  • Photo0110.jpg
    Photo0110.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 437

stewjob

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0 VS S Ute
figured I'd post my build that i did over the last two days (when i wasn't at work) in here for anyone looking for ideas on how to fit a sub into a ute.
I didn't want to cut a hole into the back of the cab, and i wanted it to sound good with a full surround system. so here is what i did.

i should mention i have no real background in woodwork or this kind of construction and i figured it all out as i went.

i built a box that fits perfectly on the back shelf, with a sub box overhanging the shelf in the middle to fit between the seats, doing all the wiring inside the box and connecting to easy terminals that take about 5 seconds to put on. i had some house insulation around at work so i put some of that inside to deaden the sound, being right next to my head it doesn't need to boom.
the result is a very tight and high quality sound from the sub and both 6x9 speakers that sounds good even when you crank it right up to earbursting levels and beyond. the car has top end fusion 6" speakers and tweeters in the front that sound great themselves and work perfectly with my Evolution 6x9's.
running all of this i have a JVC 600 watt 4 channel amp under the passenger seat running all the speakers, and a powervox 300 watt amp running the sub. they aren't massive amps, but they sure do the job well.

all that is left to do is cover the box with a dark green vinyl that matches what i am soon to do on the outside of my vs. just waiting for it to get here in the mail.

let me know what you think of it :)

Attachments

• sub behind seats.jpg
    sub behind seats.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 611
  • sub box build.jpg
    sub box build.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 515
  • sub terminal.jpg
    sub terminal.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 459
  • sub through windscreen.jpg
    sub through windscreen.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 461
  • back shelf in car.jpg
    back shelf in car.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 667

shaneo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berlina
hey just wondering hiw u bolted the bix done and what u bolted it to.
thanks mate

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Ok quick list of my system:

Stock head unit, running into Audison Bit One. Then going out to two Genesis 5 channel amps, which run active front 3 way (SB Acoustics tweeters, Scanspeak Midrange, and Crescendo Midbass). I have a single Oz Audio 12 in a sealed box in the boot.

Bit one in glovebox:
bit1.jpg

Controller:
drc.jpg

Boot (yes, plain. but functional. hehe)
boot.jpg