I got zapped by a spark plug lead heaps of times ages ago, and it wasn't too bad, so I was a bit careless when setting the timing on my VN once.. (complete with MSD multispark goodness ignitions system) - It felt like being kicked in the chest by a horse like 10 times in 20 milli seconds.
Also when I was young I decided to check the fuses in the house - they were the porcelain style ones with the fuse wire on either side - I went to pull out a fuse by it's edges, contacting the wire with my fingers.... That just felt like a vibraty-funny-feeling through my arm and into my chest
When I was younger I used to love the 9v battery trick, lol!
At my old work one of the routine services that had to be carried out just happened to be a lawn mower, (I'm used to working on big earth moving machinery/trucks etc... So a lawn mower should be easy enough!) Needed to check the spark from it, plug the coil lead into a spark checker thingy they had, while holding the coil lead/connection yanked on the ripcord, gave me a nice tingle. Not to mention the numerous times checking dirt bike plugs out in the bush, to see if they're fowled or not.
And one little zap from 240v, was plastering around a power point/ceiling fan switch, it was loose so I lifted it up to get the scraper down beside it and touched the terminals on the back of the switch (with the hand I was holding the switch with, not the scraper)
So, c'mon, share your stories ari, we know you've got some!!
man i got lots of zapping stories. my most favorite was taking the alter-cap off the back of an old telly. i was doing a traineeship in auto elec, but the place i was working didnt always have car jobs so sometimes i fixed household electricals. anyway, douchbag boss neglected to tell me that old tube style tellys stored MASSIVE volts in the tube and that you are supposed to ground your screwdriver to discarge the tube before you take the cap off.
anyway, i didnt know, stuck my screwdriver in the alter-cap BAM, was on the ground. took a few seconds to figure out where i was, when i stood up and came to my senses, the boss was pissing himself laughing and the other guy working there was giving me dirty looks. looking around for my screwdriver i found it embedded in the plasterboard wall, handle first about 3 inches from the other dudes head...
i have more stories, but fair is fair, others must post.
i had 3 phase drier send me accross the room after it burnt a nice hole in my hand not fun coming too wondering where you are and whos hit you LOL bloody mice chewing cables ill get them fury buggers one day
hmmm most recent one i can think of was . I was checking if the coil packs were working with 2 leads of at a time and i thought (dumb as idea ) , insted of turning the car off ill put them back on with pliers and move on to the next set , touched the first lead on the coil pack and electric all through my arm , pulsing for at least 3 seconds before i let go of the pliers , turned out parts of the installation was worn off lol
years ago my folks had an old 60s fridge and i wondered what this black thing on the back wall of the inside of the fridge was , so i touched it lol last time i ever touched that, the thing shook the **** out of me.