Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

post your electric shock story

what shocks?

• none

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 9v battery to the tongue

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • spark plug lead

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • 240V

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • 3 phase

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • lightning

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Used to do the 9 volt on the tongue a lot when I was little, also me and 2 of my bros used to grab the electric fence at our old farm and see who could hold on the longest. 3 people holding doesnt hurt as much if you are holding it by yourself. The last one to take a hand off gets the most shock out of it but its nothing huge when you are already expecting it.

Worst one was at a old house with a really high roof, I couldnt reach by standing on a chair so I got up on the bunk bed and tried to unscrew it but the plastic at the top just kept turning around, so I lifted up the plastic to grab underneath so it wouldnt spin and got a big jolt, fell off bunk bed and landed half on a desk and half on the gorund, hurt like hell all over.

Before anyone says I should have checked to see if the light switch was on, it was a old cord one hanging from the roof. Pull down to turn it off and the same to turn it on so I had no idea.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
changing the broken globe in my old 240 volt worklight, pulled the base of the broken fluro tube out with pointynose pliers... guy a work thought it would be funny to turn the switch on at the power point.

fair to say his toolbox got the coil tester attatched to it a few times the next couple days after that happened :)

310pack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Gen 111, Vz Berlina Wagon and 1948 GMC
Changing points in my VB with mule kick coil. For some dumb reason was holdin the dizzy cap with coil lead plugged in. Got the missus to crack the engine. Bloody stupid thing to do really.

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Last time i got a shock was wehn i was about 9 wanted to see why the bulb in the fridge wasnt turned on, stuck my finger and and though gee must be a pretty small bulb, went in further and BZZZT. Needless to say i hate fridges now.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
worst i've had was a CR125 plug lead bite me. that was bad enough!

ya gotta be wary of 240V (and higher) electricity, yeah millions of people have been bit and lived but some haven't

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Lost count or can no longer count after the many zaps
- Fork in a power point (as a kid)
- As a kid the 9v battery
- nails in the end of a power lead (as a kid)
- bought a faulty timing light it would arc out to your head when sighting the timing mark, managed to set the timing and took it back, now I just do it by ear.
- several high voltage zaps from color tubes of CRT TVs and monitors they really hurt
- 415v 3 phase zap when my aircompressor developed a fault where the power wires came into contact with the body of the compressor I got zapped turning the drain tap off.
- last week I got zapped on the temple under a customers house by bare wires

So I guess 11kv or lightning is next.... stay tuned
Scott

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
one day i was mounting a grinder on the work bench in the garage. ran an extension cord to the grinder and the plug on the chord wasnt the same as the one on the grinder. whilst i went to bunnings to buy a new plug to rewire it, mum decided to vaccum her car and when i got home she lft the power on. i then came home to think the power was off, cut straight into it without a second thought, put my pliers through the wall and a nice big round melted spot in the teeth of my new pliers. alssooo was up for another trip to bunning for a new lead and some plaster.

when i was a little chap also did the old kinfe in the toaster and at achool used to see who could put the leads from the little power box things in science on the highest voltage on their tongue. those were the days!

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
As a kid i was fumbling around in the dark trying to figure out why my mums bedside lamp wouldn't come on, turns out it had no globe in it and my fingers found their way into the socket. Zapped right up my left arm and towards my chest lol.

Another one at work the other day I was unplugging a UPS (basically a power board with a 12v battery and 240v inverter inside) and accidently touched the end of the plug straight out of the socket, that one wasn't that bad though.

Other then 9v battery and electric fence I have no other stories thankfully.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Well I don't have too many stories which is suprising since I play with alot of computer hardware.( got close on time when playing with an frankenstein fan setup I let go of the live 12v cables and those buggers made a freaking huge spark, I'm lucky my computer survived that one :))

However I do have one story. When I was a kid I had a friend who had a farm/bach and we would often make a big fire out the back. Well I was going around picking up some wood and some pine needles, then I bent down to pick up some more wood and then I zapped my arse on an electric fence. My friend who was sitting on the water tank at the time, then proceeded to crap himself laughing while I rolled on the ground holding my arse. It also happened to be the first time I was shocked by anything stronger than a 9v battery and it scared the crap out of me.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Battery on tongue is enough for me; Im to cautious to even do that now. even creating electricity sliding down a slide then touching metal scares me