Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

post your electric shock story

what shocks?

• none

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 9v battery to the tongue

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • spark plug lead

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • 240V

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • 3 phase

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • lightning

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Cut thru what I thought was a water pipe (3/4" copper pipe) with a hack saw once. Was shocked to find 240v power cable thru the middle of it :/. Had a few zaps from spark plug wires etc but nothing too bad.

Reaper

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
haha, ive got another electric fence story..

My story was coming home from a long late day at work, with a 3 hour drive ahead of me, got about 2 hours in and i needed a pee really bad, so i pulled the car over on the side of the road got out went behind the bushes so the highway traffic couldn't see me.. got my fella out thinking i could finally release the tension i've been holding back for the last hour, then *BANG*!! ... my nuts felt like they exploded ...

next time im gonna be checking for an electric fence first!!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
When I was about 13 we went to a friends place who was renovating the bathroom.

I needed to drop bomb bad so I just rushed in, closed the door and dropped my daks.

Decided to flick the light on as it was pretty dark and it turned out it was just wires poping out the wall where the stiwtch was. Copped it via the index finger and it started the crap out of me. Literally.

bulldog79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais .vs commodore
i was under my house reconecting my phone line because my dog got to it i did not have mutch room to move and with full hands i put the chewed end of the cord in my mouth to hold it wamo woke up a few min later with a burnt lip and tongue

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
When I was about 13 we went to a friends place who was renovating the bathroom.

I needed to drop bomb bad so I just rushed in, closed the door and dropped my daks.

Decided to flick the light on as it was pretty dark and it turned out it was just wires poping out the wall where the stiwtch was. Copped it via the index finger and it started the crap out of me. Literally.

No.Freakin.way.

People in Brisbnae will understand when i say. In the words of nova106.9's Marty Sheargold "THAT CAN'T HAPPEN!"

I have been lucky enough to never cop more than static shocks.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Dad had an old battery charger that didn't have a cover. Felt like touching the transformer boom electrocuted. Lucky didn't do any damage considering I have a heart condition.

BVL87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L
lol i have 2 that sit firmilly in my mind......was working on a mates 351 xe years ago and we couldnt get it started so being the ######## i am i grabbed the coil lead and said kick it over(to see if it had spark) and believe me when i say i ended up about 4 mtrs away from the car on my ass had no idea what had happened or where i was i sat there for about 20 minutes trying to get my bearings. needless to say i aint done that again. and the second was at home i was reaching over the bedroom tv (it had one of those old internal arials ) as i just touched the power point my nipple ring touched the arial and it zapped me its scared the sit outta me but felt kinda good lmao

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Copped it via the index finger and it started the crap out of me. Literally.

This is going to sound awful, but I laughed pretty hard when I read that. No offense intended

Worst I've had is a shock from the mains via a dodgy home made extension cord (thanks dad...). Scared the **** out of me and hurt a fair bit, but I was fine in the end.