Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your exhaust notes!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Shounak said:
Cheers. I had the thing quietened. If I had a big resonator instead of a hotdog, it would've made heaps more sound, but ti also would've droned on idle..

I like silence on the freeway and at traffic lights, so I opted for a more conservative exhaust..

But it will sound louder and better with a proper resonator or even a straight through pipe, if it works..
A hotdog is a type of resonator. If you had of gone with a normal resonator it would of made the exhaust quiter, not louder.
AirStrike :air:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
AirStrike said:
A hotdog is a type of resonator. If you had of gone with a normal resonator it would of made the exhaust quiter, not louder.

Disagree. I had the normal in there for a few minutes.. I gave it a rev and sat in the car. The car was rough as guts, droned a lot on idle and was loud as hell..

After the hot dog, it was heaps quieter..

The exhaust shop said thinking a hot dog makes the system louder is a common misconception..

BTW, if you wanna know what my car sounded like with a normal resonator, get a sound clip of Trent's car. It sounded pretty much like that..

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
AirStrike said:

Maybe he's talking about a larger resonator as in a cannon, rather than the standard style resonator?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol who cares about resonators and all the bullshit.

Can a mod trim the **** and just leave it at exhaust notes please? :)

*coughdavecough* :p

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Would post a clip of my 202, but the sound quality is so bad it makes it sound 10 X worse than it is lol. Sounds **** anyway compared to a 5.0.

Wish I had a clip of my dads old statesman before we took the motor out, it had holes in the mufflers sounded like a hot rod.