Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your net speed!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Had a few mates with the old cable and from memory it was good.

I ended up on a 100/40 plan on FTTN before FTTP and to be honest, that was actually ok. Hit the advertised speeds all the time. We were reasonably close to the node, and I think it was pretty much the max we could get out of it. Only reason I needed to go bigger was upload speed, and I routinely upload 15-20 gig worth of stuff to the cloud a couple of times a day.

Yes it was pretty good. I don’t have a real requirement for really fast internet and the 50mbps connection works fine for me but it was still crap getting downgraded when I was forced onto the NBN.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Jitter is packet latency, nothing is dropping. Speed tests are only good for raw bandwidth these days, those latency numbers are impossible. I wouldn't be able to use video, let alone voice for calls if they were accurate. Teams and zoom show jitter well under 30. Ping is usually around 30-40, I can live with that, I don't game on my phone much. I think some ISP's QoS and offload these tests like mine. I can see it on a PCAP

I think you will find that packets being "delayed" by "jitter" for more than 1 second by nodes along the route rarely, if ever, arrive at the final destination. But you're obviously right, what would I know.

yeanah.jpg

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I think you will find that packets being "delayed" by "jitter" for more than 1 second by nodes along the route rarely, if ever, arrive at the final destination. But you're obviously right, what would I know.

View attachment 266774

Sorry mate, I think your misunderstanding me. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence. Jitter can lead to loss, sure, I'm just saying that's not what the metric is for. Ookla records retransmits and displays them, they can't be hidden thanks to check sums. I'm saying there was no loss and the rest of the numbers are an anomaly, which I believe is due to some tags my packets collected from Telstra QoS

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Here’s Annette speed. She runs quite fast.

1713187403397.jpeg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
The nostalgia! I remember the days of the 56k modem, which I’d be lucky to get 28k on as I was out in the boonies and my ISP was the University of Queensland!

You got a whole 200 megabytes as your monthly download limit so you had to ration what you did on the interwebs or you would blow your monthly limit and extra megabytes were expensive.
me on my N95 with my 3MB mobile data pack. Checking my bank account at the checkout. I was ahead of my time.

(or I was a single mum with a tight food budget and staff discounts for high tech toys :rolleyes::p)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I remember a very long time ago, at work I was doing something on my phone and the department administration lady made mention we shouldn't be texting at work on the shop floor, but I wasn't, I was sending a email and there was no stupid ******* rules against that yet :) She laughed and continued on her way.

thinking about it, that would have been almost 20 years ago now. Bugger time flies.