Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

posting over seas

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
i sell a range of items on ebay and im starting to get more requests from america and saudi arabia . aust post seems to be quite a rip is there anywhere else i could go to send items or is there any short cuts? cheers

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Auspost is your best bet.
at the end of the day, your not paying the postage so who cares what it costs.

Ive sent car parts to Quebec, USA and England to name a few and never had problems.
if it has to be sent by ship, then it could/will take 3 months but so long as the buyer is aware and you pass along the tracking numbers, there shouldnt be a problem.
you could also have the item packaged and list the dimensions and weight and provide a Auspost calculator for International Parcels so the prospective buyer can get an idea of shipping before they purchase - saves you a lot of hassle getting individual quotes.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Auspost is your best bet.
at the end of the day, your not paying the postage so who cares what it costs.

Ive sent car parts to Quebec, USA and England to name a few and never had problems.
if it has to be sent by ship, then it could/will take 3 months but so long as the buyer is aware and you pass along the tracking numbers, there shouldnt be a problem.
you could also have the item packaged and list the dimensions and weight and provide a Auspost calculator for International Parcels so the prospective buyer can get an idea of shipping before they purchase - saves you a lot of hassle getting individual quotes.

I agree that Auspost rates are best for articles that fit within their posting limits, but even then, it can be bloody expensive. I sent a cricket bat to my son in England and it was almost cheaper for him to buy a cheap bat over there - $90 including postage. It was not much less by surface mail.

With e-bay however, the cost of postage is a vital consideration. It's easy to say that the buyer is paying, but if the postage is too much, it could be a lost sale.

Can't think of any cheaper alternative, though. Overseas mail will always be expensive.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
i heard if you have a buisness or somethin you get cheaper mail or somethin like to send

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
and being mudflaps with mud i guess i gotta disinfect and clean them. an intresting note if i send to saudi arabia and dont put down 'the kingdom of saudi arabia' they can confiscate the parcel

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
id just give them a wash and you should be fine.
never had any problems before and some of the things i sent weren't spotless.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I posted a gen3 water pump to america i gave the buyer 2 options in postahe air or boat they chose boat because it was cheap then whinged when it took 2 months to get there. Even though i did say it can take up 10 weeks

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
well , posting stuff to Saudi Arabia can be a pain in the a**

anyone working in the Saudi Customs can literally take anything he wants and just say it never was here, and they do that a lot

the corruption is at it best, so now everyone buying stuff online, he has to make sure that there is an insurance over what he bought

a friend of mine is rebuilding an old corvette, he always buy 10 things , and only 6 actually reach him, he had to request the front headlamp for about three times, with the stuff he bought being insured, the company got sick of it, and sent someone with the stuff to actually see what the hell was happening to the stuff !