Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Potential BCM issue (various electrical issues)

willo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2014 VY
Hi Guys,

Im 31 yr old girl sick of being ripped off by Holden/Mechanics.

Just had a diagnostics check at holden for $150 for them to tell me that the seat memory module is drawing residual current from my battery. (previously my battery has been going dead). They want me to replace the whole seat but I believe it is the BCM.

Here are my symptoms experienced over the past 3 months:

1. central locking intermittently working.
2. stereo does not shut off once opening car doors and locking vehicle.
3. CD player which has not worked for 2 years now suddenly works.
4. When I reverse the vehicle then put it into D I hear a soft beep noise. (no warning lights on dash).
5. recently it has got worse and it sounds like a musical morse code song happening when I sit in the car. I cant quite identify where the beeps are coming from.

I basically dont want to spend the money on replacing a seat (2nd hand wreckers probably $250) if Im going to have to replace the BCM.

Also.. Im 'kind of' ok mechanically, is a BCM replacement something I could do by myself?

Thanks guys,
Willo

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
BCM has alot of relays in it, is it clicking your hearing, could be a faulty relay. The cluster, BCM, PCM etc all talk on a data bus, so it's possible if the BCM is faulty that other modules are getting bad data. If you replace the BCM you will need to either program new key remotes or get the remotes with the bcm, you will need the PCM relinked to the BCM otherwise the car will not start, or install a PCM with security turned off then you can do the job yourself, it's under the steering wheel, PCM is in the passenger footwell.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Sometimes disconnecting the battery can reset things. There was a someone on here last week with a radio that would not turn off with the key out of the ignition, I suggested disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and it worked for him. It costs nothing to try but you will need your radio PIN upon re-connection.