Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Potential lockdown - What are your projects?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Now that most people are staying home from work, it seems that many are trying to sort their unfinished projects.

I've got a couple of dirtbikes to rebuild - a 1980 KLX250B and a 2000 WR400 (I'll create a thread and upload pics of those :D), plan to finish off my VY ready for rwc and finally rebuild that 304 that I've spent the past few years collecting parts for.

What are you guys working on?

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
Got to do the final tweaks to the exhaust I fitted on my ute last weekend. Other projects are a 1980 TS250ER I've been restoring, 1992 TS185ER that's a bit modified & a GSX1100 engine for my P5 Sidecar that needs finishing.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Now that most people are staying home from work, it seems that many are trying to sort their unfinished projects.

I've got a couple of dirtbikes to rebuild - a 1980 KLX250B and a 2000 WR400 (I'll create a thread and upload pics of those :D), plan to finish off my VY ready for rwc and finally rebuild that 304 that I've spent the past few years collecting parts for.

What are you guys working on?
Ahhhh two strokes right up my alley. I have some work to do on the DT 175 but need clutch plates, and headstem bearings so may not get much done on it. I'd like to redo the paint job on the RD 400 tank but I really want to slide hammer the dent out. I probably will keep my job any how but at only 60% of current hours. Might end up finishing the fence or at least getting the posts and rails in.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
a GSX1100 engine for my P5 Sidecar that needs finishing.
I love being the swinger on an outfit. Only done it once on an old P4 650 Yam but the thrill of your helmet just a few inches above the ground while swinging out is unreal. I have a P5 RD 400 with around 57hp at the wheel.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Do what every the boss wants:(

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Since I found out through this forum that the what I thought were chrome strips on my vh
are in fact stainless steel I am in the process of sanding and polishing them.
So a big thank you to those who put me right on this as I am sure the place I was going
to take them to would have chromed them for me and not told me.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
If I get told stay at home (in the industry that keeps everyones power on, so could be doubtful to some degree)

Then we have inlet manifold gaskets for the ol' VS.
Also have a few sample paint pots to paint the toolbox that was built a few years back (big bench style on wheels).
Going to be a beachball in colours, and the blue will look like the wall off toy story with the white clouds.

And learn how to use all the paint correction equipment that's been at home for a while.
Along with a load of other things that have slowly been for a rainy day, or a lockdown day.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I'm still working , for how long who knows. About 90% of our stock comes from either China or Malaysia. But I'm sure when I'm stood down and the number of trips to Bunnings the good lady wife will have a big list of " things to do "

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'm still working , for how long who knows. About 90% of our stock comes from either China or Malaysia.

Same but the bulk of our major supplies come from Europe where all of the factories that we rely on are closed. If it isn't already at the wharf of origin or on the water we won't be getting any more. It is a matter of what runs out first.....customers or stock.

In terms of projects, not a lot planned.....some retic work, pottering in the garden and then ????

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Same but the bulk of our major supplies come from Europe where all of the factories that we rely on are closed. If it isn't already at the wharf of origin or on the water we won't be getting any more. It is a matter of what runs out first.....customers or stock.

In terms of projects, not a lot planned.....some retic work, pottering in the garden and then ????
Our stock is running low too which has brought to light a new problem . We haven't done a physical stocktake for over 8 years, the figures were taken as gospel from the computer stock control ITMS system. So our manager has been getting us to do spot checks as customers are ordering stock that doesn't exist.