Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Potential Rodeo Purchase

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Hey guys, I'm currently looking into buying the RA Rodeo from my work. My current employer has lost the contract on site, and are looking to offload some machines and vehicles, so I'll likely pick the ute up for an absolute steal.

As far as I know, it is 2003-05(not 100% on what year exactly) RA dual cab 3.0L Turbo Diesel. Done about 250k, mainly as one of the managers run about from work and back, and since he left due to health issues, has become the ute that pulls around a trailer with a pressure cleaner. Basically for the last 12 months it has been driven a couple of kms then stopped to idle for a few minutes then turned off for a few hours, then repeat. Site speed limit is only 15kph, so it hasn't done any high speeds, or work for that matter, for a long time.

Basically, I guess I'm asking what should I be looking for mechanically based on it not having done anything for a long time

EDIT

To add to that, the environment it is in is pretty hostile, for lack of a better word haha. An air filter would without doubt be in order for a change. The paint work has gone from white to a beige/cream colour due to the air quality lol.

gino001

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy 5.7l ss Commodore
Being a Diesel engine you are in luck most of them will run alot long and are a lot more forgiving than a petrol one. As said above a good service should have it running like new.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Thanks guys for the reply.