Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Potenza re050a vs s007a

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I'm the opposite got 35k out of re003 and just got 25k out of re050s( rely crap) the re003 is best tyre for $$$ to me only downside is they spin up easy off the line near end of life but that's fun, at speed grips still fine.

Cuda how's the ps4s lasting
Yeah good mate. I haven't measured tread depth. But, they appear to be wearing really well to the eye.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
I'm sure I've said this on other threads so apologies in advance for repeating myself; but the RE003 has a low treadwear rating.

RE050A is 140
RE003 is 220
S007A is 240

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
i find the grip on the re050a's diabolical, especially when you have a bit more power than standard. They are obviously pretty hard comound, as mine have done 30,000 km (with some savage burnouts in between) and still look brand new

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
i find the grip on the re050a's diabolical, especially when you have a bit more power than standard. They are obviously pretty hard comound, as mine have done 30,000 km (with some savage burnouts in between) and still look brand new
But according to [paradox]'s post just prior to yours, the RE050A's are made of soft cheese!

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So with the original OEM's on my 2014 I got 25K out of the rears and 33K out of the fronts, Fk'ed if I know why they wear so bad on the back, lol.
I've got Conti Sports 6's on now.
Just take this as a comment.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
But according to [paradox]'s post just prior to yours, the RE050A's are made of soft cheese!

I can't explain that....lol Probably the most "non performance" performance tyre I've had on any of my cars.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I can't explain that....lol Probably the most "non performance" performance tyre I've had on any of my cars.
I did some 0-100 runs in my Motorsport yesterday. Three consecutive runs in Track mode. Two with the torque converter loaded. Struggled for traction in first and left two long dark black stripes on the tarmac. Shitty grip under power from the 050's. That said, they're meant to be road/track, not drag tyres. At the Lang Lang LE day, Rob Tribianni mentioned that the tyres on the LE's were made specifically for these cars by Bridgestone. I dont know if that makes them more or less grippy from a standing start, than the ones on Redline's etal?