Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powder Coating SSV wheels

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
They've come up a treat. Don't suppose you have a wider pic showing the whole car and the coloured SSV wheels? Never seen a car on the road with this combo and interested to see how it looks.

Took this through the windscreen of another car in low light, so not the best shot sorry.

DSC124.jpg

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Hey Davison, does the plastidip make it easier to wipe brake dust off?
Does it just hose off, for example?
One of my pet hates is brake dust, the car actually looks pretty clean at the moment (despite being virtually black) after a month of not having enough time on dry weekends to clean it, all except the gloss-finish black Redline wheels not being glossy due to brake dust ...

Yeah brake dust sucks, keeping plastidip clean is no easier than a standard wheel I'm afraid.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Excellent input. Well I think I'll keep mine standard as it has the grey inside which is nice... might go 20s later for AP brakes.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
IMG_3025.JPG
Decided on maybe the genuine Holden HF20 wheels... can I still get these from Holden? Anyone know good prices or are they a set no negotiating price with set of tyres? How much did people pay for these and tyres if you don't mind? Anyone looking for a set of unmarked SSV wheels and tyres (I'll sell mine).

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Decided on maybe the genuine Holden HF20 wheels... can I still get these from Holden? Anyone know good prices or are they a set no negotiating price with set of tyres? How much did people pay for these and tyres if you don't mind? Anyone looking for a set of unmarked SSV wheels and tyres (I'll sell mine).

I take it you’re aware that car in the photo you’ve posted is setup by the Holden marketing department to look it’s best.

The car doesn’t come from the factory that low nor does it doesn’t come from the factory with tyres remotely as low a profile as those in the photo.

It’s a good look though, especially on that angle.

You’d need to talk to the dealerships to see what kind of a deal they’ll do as they can sell them at whatever price they wish.

Also I would think you’d be paying a premium by purchasing tyres from Holden Dealers.

I believe you would most likely get a far better deal from a tyre retailer.

I’d also be getting quotes from the suppliers in the links posted in one of the other threads you’ve commented in.

JHP & Wheel King for memory.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
I take it you’re aware that car in the photo you’ve posted is setup by the Holden marketing department to look it’s best.

The car doesn’t come from the factory that low nor does it doesn’t come from the factory with tyres remotely as low a profile as those in the photo.

It’s a good look though, especially on that angle.

You’d need to talk to the dealerships to see what kind of a deal they’ll do as they can sell them at whatever price they wish.

Also I would think you’d be paying a premium by purchasing tyres from Holden Dealers.

I believe you would most likely get a far better deal from a tyre retailer.

I’d also be getting quotes from the suppliers in the links posted in one of the other threads you’ve commented in.

JHP & Wheel King for memory.

Yeah I am aware and no issues there. Just after those wheels. Saw JHP are they fine to go with, do they have the genuine wheels? I also found another place selling them who say they are genuine as well.