Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Antenna

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Hi just wondering if it is possible to have a power antenna fitted to my VS......if so how much would it cost and could i buy the antenna from Holden or would i have to goto an Autobarn place or something.

cheers
Gobbles.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Do you want one that goes up and down as you switch the stereo on and off, or one that automaticaly goes up when the car is on, or one that you manually put up and down via a switch?????

Regards Guy.

D

death-from-above

I thought all the electrical antenna's where all the same and its just how you wire them up. From my understanding they cost about $160 for a motorised one from your local repco or whatever. If you want to adjsut the height of them you might want to look at the wiring diagrams and purchasing of the buttons from the berlina. Good luck with the job.

Oh by the way it will be pretty hard to fit the power antenna in the front quater panel because I assume you will have to take it off to fir the motor under there.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
With aftermarket units The fully automatic units cut the power themselves once they get to fully up or fully down the semi-auto units need you to stop pushing the button!!

Regards Guy.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
yeah im refering to the headunit on antenna up head unit off antenna down...i might pop into holden and see if they sell the VS Berlina ones cos they should have no problem fitting in

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I fitted a power aerial to my vr and the bits I needed were the control box the switches to put it up and down in the console next to the security led and a loom I made myself to suit as well as the eurovox power aerial assembly.
I got most of the stuff from the wreckers and wired it myself.
The aerial I bought had a broken rope on the mast but I got a replacement one from supercheap.I wired it up and it works a treat.
You need the control box to control the up and down timing of the aerial.
The factory aerial alone if you buy it from gmh is somewhere around 200...a bit exy..cheaper by far from the wreckers 35-50.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
HERE'S A ROUGH CIRCUIT

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
It sure is possible! I did one on my old mans VS Acclaim! I brought one of the Aerpro fully automatic antennas from JB Hi-Fi for $99 n installed it myself!
The front left wheel has got to come off and the car has to be jacked up! If you have mudflaps, they have to be removed first, then you will find about 4 screw clips, remove those and then carefully remove the splash panel and it will reveal the original antenna!, just unscrew that, but leave the mounting bracket there!
With the antenna you get, you should have some mounting brackets. attatch these to the antenna, along with the bracket that already came off the original and then whack her in, making sure shes nice and secure! you will see a hole for a grommet! whack all the wires inside it!
now working from the inside of the car, u have to remove the glovebox and the black plastic panel that lies underneath! once thats done, get someone else to hold a torch while u fish up there with your hands trying to grab the cables u stuffed through! once u have them, then run the antenna wire to around the left kick panel (theres an adapter there, look for the old one) and then run the other 2 wires up 2 the headunit (should be red and green), then wire the red one into the positive +12v of the headunit (this way the antenna can decend without the ignition being turned on incase u forget to turn it off before u turn the car off) and then the green wire to the remote antenna wire of the headunit (usually blue)
then all going well, it should work first time!
hope this helps!