Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power arial not working

BJa

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003VYCommodore Acclaim wagon
I have a vy commodore acclaim v6 wagon as 2nd owner.when ibought the car the volume control on the factory sterio was not working correctly nor was power arial i bought a brand new factory sterio and installed with power arial not working however the two units were different as the origonal had up down buttons for arial the new one had rew ff buttons but the unit worked fine. now i bought a new power arial but does not work supposed to go up when unit turned on and down when turned off
Question ... is the wiring different for each sterio or does the cars computer have to be matched to a different sterio note all factory items no aftermarket parts note power exists at only one of two wires at plug to arial under guard
thanks for any info

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
..... power exists at only one of two wires at plug to arial under guard .....

There is your problem:
1614932900169.png

Reactions: BJa

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.19.47 am.png

The radio plug is X1. There are three parts/segments to the plug separated and labeled as A, B and C.
A133 is the radio.
Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.11.32 am.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.12.23 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.28.38 am.png

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
So it appears the high end headunit with antenna up and down buttons, is controlled via the BCM. The low end headunit is not. I could have that wrong, because the radio itself is switched on and off via the BCM, but this diagram specifically shows the antenna.

BJa

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003VYCommodore Acclaim wagon
So it appears the high end headunit with antenna up and down buttons, is controlled via the BCM. The low end headunit is not. I could have that wrong, because the radio itself is switched on and off via the BCM, but this diagram specifically shows the antenna.
SO with the info obtained here i have a fix to my problem . at the plug under the guard the red wire is powered up constantly which causes the arial to go down . and if you then power up the white wire the arial goes up so i put a switch in a line from a power source (cigarette lighter?) to the white wire i then have an up down arial switch and dont have to pull the head unit out and interfer with it