Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power at wheels

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
yeah its an ecotech? so u say 115rwkw and reaper says 180 or so rwkw :s if i was to get a mafless tune wat would i be looking at then

No point going mafless IMO. The MAF is there to do a job and it's onl worth removing it if the amount of air ingested by the engine is greater than what the MAF can register. These MAFs are being used on the L67 up to 180rwkw with extensive mods.
Sorry Reaper, u r wrong lol. A fully modded heads and cam Ecotec will make around 150- 160rwkw. Add NOS and yeah 180rwkw is a walk in the park

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
:bang:
My bad - thought it was a V8.

Reaper

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
olol i thought it was a v8 too

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
The moral of the story is......

Sell the 6 and buy an 8, and you will have more power stock than your 6 was likely to ever make.

The LS1's are a nugget stock, and arent that quick, but at least with a few little mods they can be made to go nice quite cheapely.

Spend $1000 on a LS1 for intake and tune and you would have in the vicinity of 230rwkw reliably, every day driver.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
$1000 bux for intake plus tune? jeez i wanna go to that shop! a decent dyno + street maffless tune for an ls1 will set you back $1000 minimum and depending on intake you can pick up a cheap dodgy one for $200 or up to around the $800 mark for an alloy otrcai like mine ;-)

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Alloy OTR = massive heatsoak, so i wont get one of them.

I have a DUS OTR which have been tested and flow better than any other otr on the market for $500ish and an Oztrack custom tune for another $500. So $1000 yeah, easy to do it for that.

Lucky I didn't go to that $1000 tune place :whistling

It's good when you find someone to tune your car, that trains some of the other big shops how to tune with the software, hence they don't have the massive markup and rip people off.

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
$1000 bux for intake plus tune? jeez i wanna go to that shop! a decent dyno + street maffless tune for an ls1 will set you back $1000 minimum and depending on intake you can pick up a cheap dodgy one for $200 or up to around the $800 mark for an alloy otrcai like mine ;-)

i reckon you got ripped on the OTR there. Ive got a DUS OTR like Skooby and mine only set me back $610 including postage. And there meant to be one of the best OTRs you can buy.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
the alloy does heat up while idleing but when moving is colder than the heat keeping plastic ones...

and for the extra couple hundred for tune on the street as well as the dyno i think it was worth it in the end because ive had it on a few dynos and pulls a consistant 255rwkw... more than most ive seen people say they have gotten for a tune+exhaust+25% pulley only LS1

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
the alloy does heat up while idleing but when moving is colder than the heat keeping plastic ones...

and for the extra couple hundred for tune on the street as well as the dyno i think it was worth it in the end because ive had it on a few dynos and pulls a consistant 255rwkw... more than most ive seen people say they have gotten for a tune+exhaust+25% pulley only LS1

thats big mumber for an auto, mines manual and makes 262.9kw at the wheels on Willall Racings Mainline dyno.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
180rwkw is way off the mark dude!!
Try 110-120rwkw.

EDIT - just read that you thought it was a V8.