Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Button Problem

ChappyVS95

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Holden Commodore VS Ute
Just noticed that my power button isnt being displayed on the screen, and doesnt appear to be working, i press it on and off and nothing shows up, anyone know what would cause this? cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Does it change how the transmission shifts still?It might just be the globe in the dash is blown.

ChappyVS95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Doesnt appear to be changing the shifts, and theres a decent different driving with it on or off, ill give it another drive soon and see how it goes..hoping its just a bulb :p

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
its the bulb mate ....it does change 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th your just tripping? get on 100kmh then hit the button on and off and you will see the revs change on the tacho,,,,,get a full set of globes and do all the globes behind the dash....ps same thing has happend to me...cheeers
Doesnt appear to be changing the shifts, and theres a decent different driving with it on or off, ill give it another drive soon and see how it goes..hoping its just a bulb :p

ChappyVS95

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha didnt quite word it rite, alrite i think ill do that this week then. Super Cheap Auto be the place to go?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha didnt quite word it rite, alrite i think ill do that this week then. Super Cheap Auto be the place to go?

not sure.... im pretty sure thay sell em....im going to get mine from gmh at trade price,,,,im doing evry light so ill buy a kit grom GMH....READ THE THREAD ON TAKING OUT THE CLUSTEr B4 YOU give it a shot as you got to be little carfull ass not to brake any clips and so on......good luck when your done,if you know what to do(easily) id do all of them at the same time....that way you at least know thay all should last a while? good luck

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
its the bulb mate ....it does change 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th your just tripping? get on 100kmh then hit the button on and off and you will see the revs change on the tacho,,,,,get a full set of globes and do all the globes behind the dash....ps same thing has happend to me...cheeers

doing 100k's and pressing the button will do nothing. the revs shouldnt increase with the TC locked up.

all the power button does is change the shift points to cause it to hold gear until about 900 revs later than it would have done for a given % throttle opened on the TPS.

If he wants to find out if its changed the shift points, do two runs from 0-100 with the accelerator pushed about 50% down equally on both runs. If it holds gear longer on one and not the other, its changed modes.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
mine does it i put it criuse at say 100kmh and push the botton and the rev go up or down very slightly( but thay do go up) and yes your way sound good so may be he will want to try it that way?
doing 100k's and pressing the button will do nothing. the revs shouldnt increase with the TC locked up.

all the power button does is change the shift points to cause it to hold gear until about 900 revs later than it would have done for a given % throttle opened on the TPS.

If he wants to find out if its changed the shift points, do two runs from 0-100 with the accelerator pushed about 50% down equally on both runs. If it holds gear longer on one and not the other, its changed modes.