Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Chip

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by Timothy, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Timothy

Timothy New Member

Members Ride:
    vy equipe S11
    Will any noticible power be gained by putting a power chip into my stock VY, would i then have to use - PULP- for maximum benefit.How much would one be and would i be able to fit one myself.That is, if i know where it is ?

I would appreciate any advice

Tim

2. trac off

trac off Guest

Use the search function for "edit"

mail order edit or go into a reputable shop and get a custom tune done.

3. vy_acclaim

vy_acclaim New Member

Members Ride:
    HBD VYII Acclaim
    Those performance chips work by fooling the ECU into believing that there isn't enough air being mixed with the fuel - thus injects more... You can buy them on eBay. I have never done it myself, so I couldn't comment from experience, but apparently it is relatively easy to do (15-20mins). Don't get one put in if you intend to install a turbo, etc though. As for the PULP - you should be using that anyway. You get more power from your engine, it last's longer, and it is a cleaner fuel (better for your engine and the environment). I alternated between PULP and ULP a while back to prove to myself that there is a difference - believe me, there is... well worth the extra dollars.

4. Timothy

Timothy New Member

Members Ride:
    vy equipe S11
    Thanx for the info,will check it out.I am new to this site and didn't know where to look.

5. Timothy

Timothy New Member

Members Ride:
    vy equipe S11
    Yeah, i've seen them on eBay myself,but don't know the how's and why's of it all.These new computer controled engines are all a bit complicated to me.My first car was a LC GTR XU1 and with that there was nothing simpler than to get in,start up and f###ing hang on !!!!!!!! Ahhhhh,those were the days.

6. shansta

shansta Guest

hello, how much do the chips go for?

cheers