Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Connection For amp

Spanner

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for installing the power lead for the amp. :confused:

I have a 1997 auto VS commodore

Any suggestions are welcome ;)

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Autos are easy because there is a hole in the firewall for the clutch cable.

1. Start at the bonnet end, find the unused grommet right under the brake booster, it will come out the other side to the left of the steering wheel down pretty low behind the flip down fuse cover. Then start pulling it through.
2. Remove the plasticy/rubberish lining around the bottom of the door that holds in the carpet and run it under there.
3. When you get to the back seat, you can leave it in (or if you find it easy to take out, go for it. Otherwise leave it). Try to take off the lining up the side of the seat a fair way, you can then go in from the boot and take off the carpet up the side at the back and you should see some light. Stick a big screwdriver or something through the hole, go back to the seat and sticky tape your cable to it, then pull it through.

Its much easier if you've got a mate to help you too!

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Just remember to run your power cable on the opposite side of the car otherwise you'll get some interference. I had to run my power cable down the passengers side. There was an unused gromit that lead right under the glove box, so l used that and then fed the cable down the side under the carpet to the back seats and into my boot. If you like l can take photos 2morrow, l would now but its dark, plus its raining!!

Spanner

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks mate, photos would be much appreciated. ;)

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Sorry to restart this thread, but I'm having trouble finding the unused grommet right under the brake booster. A photo would be much appreciated. And yes I am up late cause i been down there for the last hour or so trying to work it out, oh and now the car won't start... gggrrr

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
right, worked it out. Now the problem I have is that i have no idea what to connect the earth cable to in the boot

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
you can run a cable back to the negative battery terminal for the best earth or you can just bolt it to your car body. it is better to fine a factory earth and use that point but you can get away with any body bolt aslong as you clean the surface up a bit with some abrasive paper or similar and put the earth there.
the earth can basically go anywhere aslong as you have a good contacted and its not a positive wire.
hope this helps.
Cheers. :yeah: