Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Power cuts off to fuel pump

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Utility
My 1990 Holden Ute went under flood waters. I have cleaned it out. Cleaned the fuel system and it will not start as it is cutting off the power to fuel pump. There is clicking noise near the fuse box which is near the battery. I have check all the fuse and relay and they look okay. I dont know if I should change them. There was no water near the fuses. I have also replaced the fuel pump.

I need help to fix this. Please help.

Thankyou.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Was the ECU under water at all?The ECU is located behind the passenger side kick panel.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Utility
The water came up to battery level, therefore it would have been under water.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Utility
The water came up to battery level, therefore it would have been under water. What does this ECU do.
thanks

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
ECU=Electronic Control Unit.Its the cars main computer.It controls the fuel pump etc.If its got wet,who knows whats likely to be wrong with it.Id get another ECU from the wreckers.Its just a matter of unplugging the old ECU and plugging in the new one.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Utility
This is a old 1990 Holden and I think there is no ECU in it. ECU is normally found under the front passenger seat?
I checked this morning and there is no main computer in it. Could it be under the dash.

The clicking sound was coming from the relay when the radiator fan went on by itself when the ignition was turned on. The was clicking sound also coming from the head where the wires are connected to it. It was not the plug but similar looking and smaller.
Thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Utility
Sorry, I found the ECU. It was behind the panels. It was definetely under water. I will try to get one from wreckers and see how it goes. Thanks.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Utility
I got a second hand ECU from wreckers. It cost me $100. Fitted and the pump started straight away. The motor started without any more problems.
Thanks everyone who helped.