Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Level

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
I got my 98 VT converted to LPG and was wondering what type of power loss she would have. Also what do 98 VT I have in regard to power to start off with. I was also wondering about getting a CAI system but am Unsure if they are compatible with LPG. Thanks guys.
Dan

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
If it's not direct injection LPG I have read it's 10 % loss... basicly no loss with direct injection ... as far I know CAI would work fine with LPG ... think I read too that your engine heads will maybe need valve repairs after 40,000 klms running on gas ...

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
If it's not direct injection LPG I have read it's 10 % loss... basicly no loss with direct injection ... as far I know CAI would work fine with LPG ... think I read too that your engine heads will maybe need valve repairs after 40,000 klms running on gas ...

repairs are only needed if you always drive your car on gas, swich between gas and petrol and they last just as long as normal.