Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power limit of mods with VF1 SSV stock exhaust

Piano player

Reaction score
Members Ride
xr6 turbo tuned to 300 rwkw's. VF SSV
not all will mate up as some aftermarket are connected at different angle

Sounds like very bad business practice manufacturing aftermarket exhaust components that don't fit or line up properly!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Sounds like very bad business practice manufacturing aftermarket exhaust components that don't fit or line up properly!
just different angle compared to factory, aftermarket brands make there own full exhaust as they want, not all times it is exact couplings as factory, usually as the size is bigger the flange will hang down further so they have to move it to a better spot, the rear muffler flange is one point

Piano player

Reaction score
Members Ride
just different angle compared to factory, aftermarket brands make there own full exhaust as they want, not all times it is exact couplings as factory, usually as the size is bigger the flange will hang down further so they have to move it to a better spot, the rear muffler flange is one point
Hopefully my stock VF2 SS mid pipe will bolt up to my new rear Zetti 2.5" mufflers (2.25" to 2.5" hopefully the flange and bolt holes will match up).
Should both be twin bolt holes centred 105mm apart.

Last edited:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Hopefully my stock VF2 SS mid pipe will bolt up to my new rear Zetti 2.5" mufflers (2.25" to 2.5" hopefully the flange and bolt holes will match up).
Should both be twin bolt holes centred 105mm apart.
If the rear mufflers are bolt on's to louden a stock exhaust and some are, they should fit reasonably well.

Piano player

Reaction score
Members Ride
These are 2.5" Zetti mufflers. They were supposed to quieten down the 3" system, which they did a bit compared to the old 3" stuffed mufflers.

Attachments

• Capture Rear mufflers.PNG
    Capture Rear mufflers.PNG
    287.6 KB · Views: 123

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I'm getting 413 rwkw from stock manifolds and centre section. Stock exhaust except high flow cats (100 cell) and GTS mufflers. I'm blown but think you'll be ok.

Last edited:

Piano player

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm getting 413 rwkw from stock manifolds and centre section. Stock exhaust except high flow cats and GTS mufflers. I'm blown but think you'll be ok.
Wow that's impressive.....nothing like forced induction. Goes to show that the stock system isn't too restrictive. I'd be happy with 300 rwkw's out of my SSV like my old xr6 turbo was. High flow cats sure help, I had a 100 cell cat in my xr6t and it jumped from 244 rwkw's to 270 ish with a re-tune after the hi flow cat installation.

Last edited:

Piano player

Reaction score
Members Ride
"Hopefully my stock VF2 SS mid pipe will bolt up to my new rear Zetti 2.5" mufflers (2.25" to 2.5" hopefully the flange and bolt holes will match up).
Should both be twin bolt holes centred 105mm apart."

Turns out that the guy who sold me the mid pipe lied about it coming from a VF2-SS. (There is actually another thread on this topic)
Instead it came from a long wheel base VE/VF ute of Caprice not the short wheelbase SS sedan or wagon.
I don't know why someone would lie about that, perhaps because it's easier to sell something from a more common sedan or wagon as opposed to a rarer ute or Caprice. I don't really know what happened at his end for me to end up with a long wheelbase mid pipe!
Not happy, going to ask for my money back! But it was a while ago, but who cares!
I have since bought a short wheel base mid pipe which bolted straight onto my car!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I am wanting to go stock centre pipe on my VF1 SSV Wagon to eliminate horrible drone (has 3" cat back system currently too loud just bought the car)

What is the power limit as far as mods go with stock 2.25" mid pipe? I'm talking otr/tune etc
Could I achieve 300 rwkw's? Probably not!
I already have new 2.5" rear mufflers which may be less restrictive.
I realise a cam with stock centre pipe would be a bit of a waste of time.

Don't really want to go for a 2.5" centre pipe in case it still drones.

I did a search but could not really find the info I was after.
I replace our 2013 My14 Caprice V 6.0 LTR MID pipe with a 2016 Maloo UTE Mid pipe (is it 2.25 or 2.50) and used bi modal rear mufflers and has no drone with the Bi modal open and closed. Trust me I hate DRONE!!! and it sound good for a Caprice when open

moveage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II