Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power mirrors switch

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
More so asking the guys that own mayb a caprice or stato does ur light on the power mirrors work? ive got a calais and opened up my switch the other day 2 give the contacts a clean and saw a globe in there, i thought the green dot was just a fake mark and didnt have a light in there so i had a go at puttin an LED in there which is no drama at all but i noticed with my calais wiring theres either no male Pos+ pin or grounding- pin (assuming missing the grounding pin) in the looms connector 2 the door 4 it 2 work. There is however a female pin on the switches connector.

The globe works fine if i put 12V on the switches loom side that has the female pin but since theres no male pin in the other connector it simply just wont light up. easy enough i can run another wire/pin in there 2 make contact but just curious if other models calais and below dont have that male pin in the loom and if the higher end models do?

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I just looked in the stato and there isn't an earth connected to the light circuit all you'll need to do is splice into the black/green wire and earth it somewhere the light should then come on with the key

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
awsome cheers 4 the confirmation, seems strange they would put a globe in there and not use it lol.