Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power outlets not working

josh2992

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6
Hi guys,

I just bought a used 2014 VF SV6 and have noitced that neither of the power outlets work. There is on in the center console and one under the media controls in the little storage/coin tray area, neither of these work. I am hoping this will just be a blown fuse but I am not quite sure which fuse I want to be replacing and I am also not quite sure at how to remove the fuses to put a new one in. Is anyone able to confirm which fuse it is that would be responsible for this? Looking at the diagram on the back of the plate that covers the battery and fuse box in the boot of the car, there is one that has 'AUX BATT' next to it, not sure if this is the one or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Karl2019

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi Josh, did you ever find the solution to this as I have the same problem?. Thanks, Karl

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi Josh, did you ever find the solution to this as I have the same problem?. Thanks, Karl

Check the fuse panel on the R/H end of the dash panel(drivers door open).
Fuse F29 'Accessories'.

Karl2019

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Check the fuse panel on the R/H end of the dash panel(drivers door open).
Fuse F29 'Accessories'.
Thanks you, have replaced the fuse and unfortunately didn’t fix the outlets. Any other ideas pls ?. Thank you

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Thanks you, have replaced the fuse and unfortunately didn’t fix the outlets. Any other ideas pls ?. Thank you
Was the fuse that you took out blown and did the fuse you replace blow?

Karl2019

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Was the fuse that you took out blown and did the fuse you replace blow?
Hi, the original fuse appeared unblown (ie the internal silver wire appeared still connected) but I replaced it any way. The replacement fuse looks good. Thank you

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi, the original fuse appeared unblown (ie the internal silver wire appeared still connected) but I replaced it any way. The replacement fuse looks good. Thank you
I can only assume that there is a wiring problem, maybe a disconnected wire or bad connection at a wiring connector. You would have to access the wiring at the back of the power outlets to investigate.

Karl2019

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I can only assume that there is a wiring problem, maybe a disconnected wire or bad connection at a wiring connector. You would have to access the wiring at the back of the power outlets to investigate.
Ok thank you