Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power steering,driver belt?,auto shifter,calais strip

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
my questions are for a 2006 model vz v6 exec.

hey guys i just got this

Handbrake cover VY VZ - eBay Accessories, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Mar-09 20:13:37 AEDST)

and was wondering if i need to take the leather cover off the bottom of the shifter [the black material]? if so i will get a new one as mine is average.

also is there a how to, on flushing Ur power steering fluid out?

also i need to replace my driver belt? is that right? does anyone know how to do this? while I'm doing this belt should i do anything else?

also the chrome strip on the Calais thats on the bonnet above the grill, how does that go on?

all help appreciated thanks Scott

Last edited:

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
nothin??...

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the chrome strip comes in three pieces from holden, the mounting bracket, chrome strips, and mounting nut plugs and screws, if your car has the plastic clips for the bonnet protector, you remove them and fit the nuts inside the holes, assemble the chrome strip and bracket off the car, you will notice on the chrome strip there is a piece of the cast that sticks out where the sort of seal runs along, snap that off so it dosnt damage the paint, then bolt it up to the car

not sure what your on about with the drive belt?

not sure on the shifter and brake, i think they just clip together, and possible a screw at the back of the gear stick?

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
the chrome strip comes in three pieces from holden, the mounting bracket, chrome strips, and mounting nut plugs and screws, if your car has the plastic clips for the bonnet protector, you remove them and fit the nuts inside the holes, assemble the chrome strip and bracket off the car, you will notice on the chrome strip there is a piece of the cast that sticks out where the sort of seal runs along, snap that off so it dosnt damage the paint, then bolt it up to the car

not sure what your on about with the drive belt?

not sure on the shifter and brake, i think they just clip together, and possible a screw at the back of the gear stick?
holden told me my driver belt needs replacing at a cost of $125, i figured its the belt that goes around the pullys?? im not sure either thats why i asked,

thanxs for the help with the chrome strip m8

i have changed the shifter to the chrome insert im just not sure about changing the grip m8

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden told me my driver belt needs replacing at a cost of $125, i figured its the belt that goes around the pullys?? im not sure either thats why i asked,

i have changed the shifter to the chrome insert im just not sure about changing the grip m8

ill have a look around at the h/brake later,

does the seat belt not retract, or has it frayed or got damages anywhere on it?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride

ah ACCESSORY drive belt lol, now im with ya,

easy as sin, gab a piece of paper, draw the pulleys, and draw the belt around it, grab your 1/2 breaker bar, insert it into the tensioner arm and move the tensioner around enough to slip the belt off, then install the new belt around the pulleys in the right order, to make it easier, run the belt in the tensioner, and use one of the smooth pulleys like the near by idler to slip the belt on,

the job is made alot easier if you remove the radiator cover and the intake pipe

thats if the belt does need to get swapped, holden may be pulling your leg

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
ah ACCESSORY drive belt lol, now im with ya,

easy as sin, gab a piece of paper, draw the pulleys, and draw the belt around it, grab your 1/2 breaker bar, insert it into the tensioner arm and move the tensioner around enough to slip the belt off, then install the new belt around the pulleys in the right order, to make it easier, run the belt in the tensioner, and use one of the smooth pulleys like the near by idler to slip the belt on,

the job is made alot easier if you remove the radiator cover and the intake pipe

thats if the belt does need to get swapped, holden may be pulling your leg
it slips at 3500 revs so i think it is right, they said 125 fitted and if i get it for 30 well thats even better.

i got boot for the shifter in red so i will see how it goes on lol thanxs for the help m8