Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power steering fluid leak

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
last week i filled up my power steering fluid as it was vary vary low and i have now looked at it again and there is now half the amount in the little resevoir, does this mean there is a leak or is it due to overflow when it heats up.

when i filled it i did it when it was hot and up to the max mark so wouldnt think it would overflow.

any help would be good cheers

IPCOlsenVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Commodore Equipe
Yea the volume of the fluid does vary quite a bit with temp...but if it was low (well below min) in the first place you might have a leak. Check all the hose clamps, they are not done up that tight at the plant.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
also (with engine NOT running) run your finger on the inside of the power steering pump pulley and you can tell if it leaking, but i would say its the small pipes that run into the radiator? (not sure where)

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
yeh i knew it would vary but didnt think it would if i looked at it at about the same temp. it was well below the min when i filled it and i am keeping an eye on it now.

i will have a look at the clamps and what not

thanks

NwFil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Check clamps on pipe bottom left side engine bay where pipes go to radiator thats were mine leaked tightened clamps good as gold.