Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power steering leak on 5litre

bazinga

Gasfed304
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L Vn Calais
ok just found out my vn 5litre has a massive power steering leak and its leaking under the left side of the motor (so other side of where you put the fluid) now my cars to low to get my jack under there so i cant have a good look to see where it's coming from so i am wondering on that side of the motor is all the power steering things just hoses and one of them could have a hole?or could it be something else leaking?

Any help would be great!!

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
yes there is a rigid hose on the passenger side of the rack. or it could be the seal at the end of the rack. find some wood off cuts, a brick, anything to drive up onto so your jack fits under and u can get a better look. remember the safety stands if you're going to stick your head too far under there!

bazinga

Gasfed304
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L Vn Calais
yes there is a rigid hose on the passenger side of the rack. or it could be the seal at the end of the rack. find some wood off cuts, a brick, anything to drive up onto so your jack fits under and u can get a better look. remember the safety stands if you're going to stick your head too far under there!

Thanks for the info mate:spot on: