Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Train Light

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
So what are you saying my auto is stuffed it seams to drive well

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
So what are you saying my auto is stuffed it seams to drive well

No, I'm only saying what the fault codes mean. My manual only tells me that codes 67, 81 and and 82 are for the transmission but it doesn't tell me what they mean. Disconnect your battery for about a minute to reset the computer and take it for a drive and then check the codes again, they may or may not re-appear. Sometimes these faults are only a one time thing. But since you have three codes relating to your transmission there most likely is a problem. Maybe someone else here knows what those codes mean.

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
Great

Thanks so much for your help i will have to fix the 2 sencors and then see what happens but once again thankyou so much.. Glowworm:) :) :)

Arai_R1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 VE SS Ute
Hi All

Newbie here, be gentle :) My 02 VU SS ute (auto) has started showing the check power train light and I've read all the posts on here regarding the problems and have tried getting the codes as suggested. I also followed instructions from my workshop manual but can't seem to get any codes happening. Even tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and nothing. Just a couple of questions for anyone who's managed to get results from this.

1. When pins 5 & 6 are bridged, what position should the ignition key be in?
2. Do you then turn the key to "on" to get the codes and is it the check powertrain light that flashes?
3. Should the codes be displayed immediately when the key is turned to the "on" position.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to pay the Holden dealer $130 just for the pleasure of them telling me what the problem is.

Cheers all.

Ant

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
nice dig there... 18 months.
the gen 3 wont flash codes like this it uses a different system, take it to someone who has a scan tool that will read them

Arai_R1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 VE SS Ute
Hi All

Well, after no luck, bit the bullet and went to holden. Actually followed some advice from one of these threads and asked them to check the car as I was "concerned" about driving the car. Turns out it's the oil pressure sensor. They're not cheap! $190 from Holden, but shop around.

Cheers All

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
yeah the error codes once cleared should re appear if they are actually at fault your ECU stores these codes until they are cleared (taking the battery terminal out and starting again.....) your vehicle will reinitialise (except the for the km's) and run it in diagnostics mode (press mode and up it will make your lcd display turn to a string of numbers then press the mode button until two after your digital speedo..... it should be T 00 -- if there is no errors if there is errors it will come up with T XX -- (except with an error code instead of XX)
please post the remaining error codes you have

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
codes 67, 81 and and 82 indicate there is a problem in the automatic trasmission control module, they might be small codes like a sensor or gears are slipping or something like that .....
32: Air flow sensor (voltage out of range) sensor faulty, reinstall new sensor
46 Crank angle reference signal (engine will not start) check sensor if fault renew sensor