Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power train, safety mode, cant find the problem, shutdown

b.sim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore acclaim 2006
VZ 2006 auto commodore acclaim - is puzzling mechanics I have been to 2 Holden dealer mechanics and another dealer and I do not have a sound car knowledge background so im checking out if anybody can give me any information at all. The check power train mode came on in my car about 2 weeks ago and then it set into safety mode. a week later it came up check brake and the car completely stopped and shut down. Safety mode used to do it when I was driving for about 15-20 mins and then it would set in and now automatically when I turn the car on it comes on. It has been scanned 3 times and reset - all the codes that came up have been looked at and they replaced parts or fixed the glitches.
The first mechanic scanned it and said they couldn't find any major problems so they reset it and told me if it done it again that they was something major wrong, about ten minutes later of driving it the check power train came back on.

The second mechanic said one of the problems was that the scanner was reading my car was thinking it was in neutral when it was in drive and park. and couldn't understand what was happening

The Third mechanic Holden dealer - where my car has been for the last 2 days where they have been trying to get to the bottom of it cant fnd anything they replace parts or fix something and the safety mode and powertrain come back on immedietaly when they take it for another drive.

Im just wondering if anyone has had anything like this happen or what goes on with a car like this if the problem cannot be solved as im over getting round with a car like this and having it stuff up all the time and financially its not good.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
wow man. maybe ur ecu is shagged.